Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

<%title_linked%> using wrong build paths >>

Quote Reply
<%title_linked%> using wrong build paths >>
Hello,

In my Setup > Paths and URL's I've changed my "build_new_url" and "build_new_path" from the defult setting of http://www.mysite.com/search/New to http://www.mysite.com/search/new, ect. I just dropped the Uppercase for the New Listings directory. Using <%title_linked%> on my New Listings template it links to the old path instead of the new one. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this....Build, Rebuild Search, Repair Tables, ect.

Anyone know what's stopping <%title_linked%> from using the new paths??? I've had the build paths changed for some time, I just never noticed the new link redirecting to a 404.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Quote Reply
Re: [Jonze] <%title_linked%> using wrong build paths >> In reply to
This may seem like a really silly question, but have you changed it to lowercase on both of them, i.e. Path & URL?

All the best
Shaun
Quote Reply
Re: [qango] <%title_linked%> using wrong build paths >> In reply to
Oh yeah. Both path and Url have been changed for a while now. Strange huh???

Thanks for your reply though! Smile
Quote Reply
Have you tried deleting the New directory and sub-directories, and then running a build so it has to recreate the directory and pages from scratch?

Also, double-check your templates to make sure you haven't hard-coded the 'New' directory into any of them with a direct URL, instead of <%title_linked%>.

All the best
Shaun
Quote Reply
When you do a rebuild in admin, does it give the correct link? - i.e. where it says Building What's New Index does the link have 'new' or 'New'?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] <%title_linked%> using wrong build paths >> In reply to
Qango, no I haven't tried deleting the new directory and rebuilding. I'll have to give that a try in a few. I'm also not using any hardcoding of the new URL in my new.html template either. Just the <%title_linked%>...

Afinlr, I just did a rebuild and yes my pages are being built to the /search/new/. Everythings right until I go to my /search/new/2002-06-26.html pages and the <%title_linked%> is still pointing to /search/New/index.html. This is present in both static and dynamic modes.

Still scratching my head on this one... I really liked using title_linked on the new pages because of the linked dates and such. Hope I don't have to get rid of it.

Thanks again for the suggestions folks!
Quote Reply
Well I'm using this and its working so I'm confused - its a long time since I set it up but I don't remember it being too complicated. I had to go to Build>User Language>Links and change the language to what I wanted but that has nothing to do with your problem.

You're not using mod_perl are you?

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
I just deleted the new directory and rebuilt and still have the title_linked pointing to the defult /search/New/. Yeah I don't understand this because other templates work fine using title_linked (ex. categories.html, detailed.html, ect..).

No Afinlr, I'm not using mod_perl. Yet.
Quote Reply
OK - I've just had a good look at this. In the message above I said that changing the language was not necessary but actually this is exactly where the title_linked makes its url from - so you would need to change the LINKS_NEW to new. But this will also change the visible bit of the title_linked to new rather than New.

I've actually got a plugin which completely overwrites the title_linked and I hadn't realised that this was part of the change that I made. I've got an extra line which changes the url part to lower case but it is quite a complicated rewrite for my setup.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh... Yup, that's where the problem is.

Sure enough I changed the LINKS_NEW to "new" and the title_linked pointed to my build path, but the title was now lowercase. I didn't realize the language setting controled the title_linked in this way. Even though it's not as pretty I may be changing some of my Build Paths and URLs back to Uppercase. It will probably save me a lot of headache. Guess that's the best way to be using the title_linked tag as is.

Thanks very much for taking the time to look into this Laura. A huge help as always!