Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Problem with importing the BACKUP

Quote Reply
Problem with importing the BACKUP
Hi there,

I am moving with my homepage on a new server. I've already installed Links-SQL 2.2.1 on the new server and I am getting in trouble while trying to import the BACKUP-File from the old server.

Here is the error message:

GT::SQL (30072): File '/xxx/linkportal/cgi/admin/defs/lsql_links_Links.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /xxx/linkportal/cgi/admin/Links/Import/BKS2.pm line 106. I#Ve changed the path in xxx, this is not the right path...

Hopefully someone can help me out with that issue?

Greetz
Thomas
Quote Reply
Re: [Thomas36] Problem with importing the BACKUP In reply to
Hi,

If you are familiar with SSH and grep, then you could try doing it via a full "dump" of the current install. The basic steps are;

1) use mysqldump to make a backup of your database.
2) Use;
cd /path/to/cgi-bin
tar cvvf cgibin.tar *
3) Download the .tar file to your PC, and upload to the new server (into your cgi-bin).
4) Decompress it with;
tar -xof cgibin.tar
5) Use "mysql" to re-import the database into the appropriate one.
6) "grep" your cgi-bin, and change all occurences of /your/old/path to /your/new/path.

Not very detailed i'm afraid ... but hopefully it will help Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Problem with importing the BACKUP In reply to
Ah thank you, one step ahead, but still one problem left...

I've done all you said and most parts are working again. But I often get an error telling me:

Links::Config (14401): Unable to compile 'xxx/links-sql/admin/Links/Config/Data.pm': No such file or directory. at Links.pm line 102.

The problem is, xxx is the absolute path on the old server. I manually changed in Data.pm all the paths, where does this wrong path come from? This problem occures allways when Links.pm is needed. It says in Links.pm the fault is in line 102 and there is:

$CFG = Links::Config->new($path);

What now

Greetz
Thomas
Quote Reply
You probably need to run a grep;

cd /path/to/admin
perl -p -i -e 's|\Q/xxx/links-sql/admin|/new/path/links-sql/admin|g' `grep -r -l '/xxx/links-sql/admin' .`

The paths in green are you OLD ones, and the one in red, is your new FULL path to the LSQL admin folder.

Hope that helps Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

you say 'xxx' is the absolute path, but the leading "/" is missing.

I don't know if that is the problem, but "/xxx" would be an absolute path, "xxx/" is a relative path.

FWIW.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Problem with importing the BACKUP In reply to
Hi again and thanks for your help! The leading / was in place, it was just a mistake while posting here...

I solved my problem using a mysqldump. So I did a new install of the Links-SQL 2.2.1 and imported the database. So it worked. I'm still wondering, why the way of using the BACKUP in the backup-directory made me such trouble, but now I'm feeling much better Smile

Greetz
Thomas

Last edited by:

Thomas36: Dec 27, 2004, 4:43 AM