Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Error with Build All

Quote Reply
Error with Build All
Any ideas on why I am getting this error when trying to do build-all via ssh?

Code:
A fatal error has occured:
Unable to open: '/home/user/public_html/download/32229/campermanent.php': No such file or directory at nph-build.cgi line 1017
main::_open_write('/home/user/public_html/download/32229/campermanent.php') called at nph-build.cgi line 566
main::_build_detailed('HASH(0x1333c250)') called at /home/user/public_html/cgi/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 133
GT::Plugins::dispatch('GT::Plugins=HASH(0x1333ec10)', 'create_detailed', 'CODE(0x132e3290)', 'HASH(0x1333c250)') called at nph-build.cgi line 103
main::build_all() called at nph-build.cgi line 65
main::main() called at nph-build.cgi line 42
</pre></blockquote><p><font face='Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica' size=2>Please enable debugging in setup for more details.</font></p>
Unable to open: '/home/user/public_html/download/32229/campermanent.php': No such file or directory at nph-build.cgi line 1017
main::_open_write('/home/user/public_html/download/32229/campermanent.php') called at nph-build.cgi line 566
main::_build_detailed('HASH(0x1333c250)') called at /home/user/public_html/cgi/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 133
GT::Plugins::dispatch('GT::Plugins=HASH(0x1333ec10)', 'create_detailed', 'CODE(0x132e3290)', 'HASH(0x1333c250)') called at nph-build.cgi line 103
main::build_all() called at nph-build.cgi line 65
main::main() called at nph-build.cgi line 42

Thank you.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Error with Build All In reply to
Hi,

Is this a new site? Does /home/user/public_html/download/32229/ exist?

/home/user/public_html/download/32229/campermanent.php

Also, is this for a detailed page? Cos it look like it is - but some weird setting for the build? i.e

/home/user/public_html/download/%ID%>/campermanent.php

...that right?

It sounds like because you have a weird setup, that folder doesn't exist (as it wouldn't, cos its not a category)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Error with Build All In reply to
Hey Andy,

Been a while, since I got engaged in the conversation here.. nice to be back though :)

Quote:
Is this a new site? Does /home/user/public_html/download/32229/ exist?
This is for an existing (old site, that I haven't been able to work on).

Quote:
Also, is this for a detailed page? Cos it look like it is - but some weird setting for the build? i.e
Yes this is for the detailed page, below is the setting info:

build_detail_format = Advanced
%ID/%Title%

Note: It seems to be building all the pages with above settings till that it. Also, it was doing "build all" before - however the only thing that has changed is the "server" - but I am pretty sure that I have all the same apache build as the previous server.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Seems like it might be an issue with number of inodes :(

Vishal
Quote Reply
Mmm yeah, it could well be. Especially if you have a lot of folders in that directory (depends on your server setup though)

Any reason you're not just running them via mod_rewrite? That would avoid the need to do any building (and thus, get rid of that issue)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Honestly, I have maybe thought about rewrite only once or twice (long time ago).

Server resources/space has never been an issue, since all sites are generally hosted on the dedicated server, however, since I am using 'good' amount of php code within the templates, I believe it would be little bit difficult to make all those scripts work in dynamic (page.cgi) . Or do you think I am mistaken & there would not be any issue with using most php functions & scripts in dynamic mode too?

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi,

It depends what you are trying to run. If its a simple HTML output of PHP, you can just run a PHP script with a global:

exec_php
Code:
sub {
return `php $_[0]`
}

..or sometimes: (on some servers)

Code:
sub {
return system("php $_[0]");
}

Then just call with:

Code:
<%exec_php('/path/to/script.php')%>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk