Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Whats this mean?

Quote Reply
Whats this mean?
Hi. I just tried to edit the link columns on a local copy of Links SQL. I went to Add Link > Properties > AuthorURL and then changed the default value to http://, then when i click submit i get the following error;

Links: Table Editor

Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE links_Links CHANGE ImageURL ImageURL VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT 'http://www.ace-clipart.com/clipart/drawshop/fdgd'' Reason: Got error 127 from table handler

Anyone ever seen this before, or knows what this error means?

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Whats this mean? In reply to
AuthorURL?

That error says ImageURL
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Whats this mean? In reply to
Thats what I meant Blush

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Ok..the actual error I got was;

Links: Table Editor

Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE links_Links CHANGE ImageURL ImageURL VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT 'http://'' Reason: Got error 127 from table handler

Must have not copied and pasted right Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
127 = Record-file is crashed

You will need to run myisamchk
Quote Reply
Ah..thanks Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I'm running it via a DOS Window. What params do i need to add onto the end? I tried a couple of them...but they didnt seem to do anything Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Everything is at mysql.com

Do a search for "myisamchk" at their site.
Quote Reply
Ok..maybe I'm just being really really stupid here..but i have spent the last 2 hours trying to work out how to do what you suggested. I cant for the life of me work out how to do it though Frown Anyone wanna give me some more pointers?

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Go to the data direct (in dos c:\mysql\data, on unix /usr/local/mysql/data or possibly /var/lib/mysql/data) and then run:

myisamchk -r -f *.MYI

from inside your database. Make sure mysql is not running at the time.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
You might try -
MySQLMan-> SQL Monitor->

in the "Run SQL query/queries" enter

CHECK TABLE links_table_name FAST QUICK;

then click Go
(links_table_name is the table you wish to repair)

I had a corrupt database and it took me almost a day to sort through all the MYSQl docs to find this simple command. Worked for me Wink

Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Whats this mean? In reply to
Thanks Alex (and everyone else Smile). It worked like a charm. Any idea how my databases would have got like that in the first place?

Also...does anyone know how to set up Apache as a service (i.e. boots up on startup) on Win 98? I know it is really easy with Win 2k Pro, but I just cant work it out in 98 Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
>>Also...does anyone know how to set up Apache as a service (i.e. boots up on startup) on Win 98?<<

It gives you that option during setup no matter what OS you use.....NT, 2000, XP
Quote Reply
Hi Paul:

You can't run Apache as a Service (as such) on Win98 - however you can place a shortcut in your Startup Folder so it will start everytime you boot up AND login (if you have to do that). The other way is to manually edit your Registry to run it at startup time (but it's been that long since I used Win98 I can't remember the string in the registry to search for - 'run' 'startup' maybe?? - I'm sure someone else will know).

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] Whats this mean? In reply to
>>You can't run Apache as a Service (as such) on Win98 <<

Yes you can. I'm doing it on XP which uses the same binary as Win98. It doesn't really matter how it is done, whether it be a registry key or whatever.

Last edited by:

PaulW: Nov 17, 2001, 1:57 PM
Quote Reply
Quote from Apache.org:

Quote:
Apache can be run as a service on Windows NT/2000. (There is also some HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL support for similar behavior on Windows 95/98, introduced with Apache 1.3.13).
Quote Reply
Paul:

Similar to what I was talking about in my previous message. It alters the Registry to load the program at runtime. If you are running NAV or something similar at load time - that is the part of the registry where it will load.

Regards,

Clint.
Quote Reply
Paul:

No ..... Win98 is *totally* different to XP. XP is based on Win2000 (which was based on NT). You can run services on XP - they are run totally differently to Win98. The fact that the binary is the same is irrelevant - it is how it is loaded at boot time.

Clint.
Quote Reply
Please read the quote above from _apache_
Quote Reply
Hi Paul:

the key words are "for similar behavior". It is still a physical impossibility to run 'services' as such under Win98.

Regards,

Clint.
Quote Reply
Got it fixed Smile Just had to add a shortcut to it in the 'Startup' folder.

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk