Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Version: 2.1.2 - Email: Selected Link Owners still doesn't work

Quote Reply
Version: 2.1.2 - Email: Selected Link Owners still doesn't work
I have upgraded to Version: 2.1.2 and Email: Selected Link Owners doesn't work.

Also Load and Save email templates.

Can someone at GT give us a quick fix?
Quote Reply
Re: [Payooo] Version: 2.1.2 - Email: Selected Link Owners still doesn't work In reply to
When you say doesn't work, what happens?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Version: 2.1.2 - Email: Selected Link Owners still doesn't work In reply to
Example:

I am trying to send emails to all New Validated links ...

When I go to Email: Selected Link Owners

and select

isNew = Yes
isValidated = Yes

... but Search button at the bottom of the page doesn't work (nothing happens, no search is performed)

Email: Selected Users works fine.
Quote Reply
Re: [Payooo] Version: 2.1.2 - Email: Selected Link Owners still doesn't work In reply to
GT?
Quote Reply
Is the form surrounding the button properly?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Version: 2.1.2 - Email: Selected Link Owners still doesn't work In reply to
Wooow, Paul thank you!

The form surrounds the button properly.

The problem is that I have over 100 custom fields/columns.

When I edit/reduce the number of fields to search everything works fine.

(By reducing I mean to edit HTML on my computer to delete a LOT of fields)

I think (Blush) that the problem is too many stuff like this:

admin.cgi?ID=&ID-opt=%3D&Title=&Title-opt=LIKE&URL=&URL-opt=LIKE&LinkOwner=&LinkOwner-opt=LIKE&Add_Date=&Add_Date-opt=%3D&Mod_Date=&Mod_Date-opt=%3D&Description=&Contact_Name=&Contact_Name-opt=LIKE&Contact_Email=&Contact_Email-opt=LIKE&isNew=&isChanged=Yes&isPopular=&isValidated=&Rating=&Rating-opt=LIKE&Votes=&Votes-opt=LIKE&Status=&Status-opt=LIKE&Timestmp=&Timestmp-opt=%3D&Hits=&Date_Checked=&CatLinks.CategoryID=&mh=-1&ETC.&ETC.&ETC.&ETC.&ETC.&ETC.&ETC.

Can someone (with lots of custom fields) confirm this problem?

P.S.

Thanks Paul, now I can pick more options for emailing, even if it's by hand and complicated.

Last edited by:

Payooo: Jan 6, 2003, 6:56 PM
Quote Reply
This is what I found on the internet:

Quote:
When using the post method, there is no theoretical limit to the amount of data that can be sent to the HTTP server. The amount of data may be constrained by the physical limits of the client computer.

When using the get method to send data to an HTTP server, the amount of data that can be sent is limited by the maximum length of a URL. In this case the URL cannot be longer than 2048 bytes.
Quote Reply
Hi,

I've just a few custom-fields (20-25) but I have the same error. Also in 2.1.2 eMail-templates are still not working!

I've addressed this problem to jack (GT-staff) a while ago but didn't get any solution yet!

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Thank you guys ... Smile

I suppose this is the problem:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When using the get method to send data to an HTTP server, the amount of data that can be sent is limited by the maximum length of a URL. In this case the URL cannot be longer than 2048 bytes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GT, is there a fix for this?
Quote Reply
Yes, because LSQL uses GET in many cases, and as Paul quoted, GET has 2048 byte length limit...
Possibly GT did not plan to work with so long URL, and so much custom fields...

Solutions:
1) You may change the field names to something that is 1 or 2 char long, so this way you can save a lot space in URL...
2) GT may change it to use POST
3) ??? don't know Validate Links so much, so may be possible other solution, too.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
The easiest solution is to change the request method in the 'email_selected_links.html' template (which is stored in admin/templates/admin).

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Version: 2.1.2 - Email: Selected Link Owners still doesn't work In reply to
I'm not sure the solution would be so easy. I did not check the code, that's just warning...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Version: 2.1.2 - Email: Selected Link Owners still doesn't work In reply to
Just a quick update:

It's working fine with Netscape (7.0) Smile
Quote Reply
Glad it works Cool

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Version: 2.1.2 - Email: Selected Link Owners still doesn't work In reply to
Me too! Wink