Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Problems with defs & backups

Quote Reply
Problems with defs & backups
Hello,

I have been trying to reload the latest backup into my links sql site. It loads without warnings all the links and cats. (I have rebuilt the search and repaired the tables). But when I look at the links, the orders of the fields and even the fields values are all mixed up: URL's value is in linkowner's, some values are missing... etc It's a mess! Frown

It seams that my problem is coming from the lsql_Links.def file, but I do not have a clue on what to do.

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Problems with defs & backups In reply to
Are you sure you are attempting to load the current back up?

It may not be your situation, but I run dynamic sites, and the backups are only made during a static build. Is the data set you are trying to import a "new" one, or something that has been laying around awhile?

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Problems with defs & backups In reply to
The back I have is up to date. That's why I banging my head against the wallCrazy
Quote Reply
Hmmm.... I can see why you are banging your head. I'm not sure what the back up program reads any more for import.

Are you using the "restore links from backup" option at the very bottom of the Import page? It doesn't ask for a .def file there.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
I'm not sure how but it looks like the backup is corrupt - I've never experienced this myself though.

What is the name of the file you are trying to reimport?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Problems with defs & backups In reply to
In Reply To:
I'm not sure how but it looks like the backup is corrupt - I've never experienced this myself though.

What is the name of the file you are trying to reimport?

I tried with each of the 10 last backups that are automatically generated on build. That's why I am sure of the backup being recent. What can I be doing wrong?
Quote Reply
Which form are you using to do the import?

Database > Import/Export > Import from backup ?
Quote Reply
Yes. That is what I am using.
Quote Reply
Im stuck for ideas. Do any of the other backups work?
Quote Reply
Technically speaking yes, everything seams there, just not in the right place Crazy like Url reads the username etc.
Quote Reply
Have you made any database changes since making the backup - I'm not sure that would have any effect anyway...but?
Quote Reply
I had tried to copy something from one column to another in the sql monitor. I realized I made a mistake, so I attempted to rebuild from a backup in the database > Import export. I didn't rebuild after I made that mistake in the sql command, so the backup automatically generated shouldn't all be damaged. Frown