Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Form Type = DATE

Quote Reply
Form Type = DATE
Heya all,

How do I set the "Form Type" to "DATE" for a custom field (same as the standard Add_Date and Mod_Date fields)

The DATE option does not appear in the Form Type dropdown. It does show up in the Column Type dropdown.

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Form Type = DATE In reply to
I think you can add manualy the Form Type in Links.cfg

or add manualy first your new columns in the table by mysqlman and then add the new column feature in the Links.cfg
Quote Reply
I'm not really sure what you are asking. form type is a html field type such as SELECT, TEXT - there is no such thing as a DATE form type.

DATE appears in the column type because DATE is a valid SQL column type.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Form Type = DATE In reply to
Quote:
I'm not really sure what you are asking. form type is a html field type such as SELECT, TEXT - there is no such thing as a DATE form type.
Hmmm.... when I look at a default installation and I look at the "form type" for the standard date fields (Add_Date, Mod_Date) then it shows a form type of "Date" in my installation.

Here's my problem: I've created a custom date field and users are entering the data in the format YYYY-MM-DD. So my date_db_format is %yyyy%-%mm%-%dd%. My date_user_format is set to %ddd% %mmm% %dd% %yyyy%. These are defaults.

The standard date fields are being displayed as set for the users. My custom data field displays the way the input to the DB was done. The only difference I can think of (or see) is the form type.

What else could this be?

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Hmm I see what you mean, that's strange. If you click the column it actually selects the "HIDDEN" form type on the next page.

Last edited by:

Paul: Nov 19, 2002, 4:55 PM