Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Major Bug??? in Links SQL 2.1.2

Quote Reply
Major Bug??? in Links SQL 2.1.2
I am not sure, but this really seems like a bug.
  1. I tried to validate listings by clicking Validate Links from Home Menu.
  2. When I view and modify the listings as desired and then click on "Validate Selected" it gives me following message :
    Unable to validate link: 13644. Reason: The record you are attempting to modify has changed since you last accessed it.
  3. This is a new listing, and hence does not already appear in the directory.

Any idea, what might be going on or how to fix the problem?

Thank you for the help.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] Major Bug??? in Links SQL 2.1.2 In reply to
Update ::

It is not allowing me to modify quite a few listings, however it is allowing me to modify some other listing ...

So I is there a possible bug in my installation or Links SQL.. (I believe in my installation)

Any idea how can I fix this?

Vishal

Vishal

Last edited by:

NeedScripts.Com: Jan 14, 2004, 12:44 PM
Quote Reply
I can't even edit the category after creating it. Same error same version. Any fix available for this. It's a Fresh installation and added a category, then tried to edit and the error is reproducible.

:(

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Major Bug??? in Links SQL 2.1.2 In reply to
Hi Anup,

I would recommend you to contact Jack @ GT. When I had the problem with Links SQL, he was able to fix it within a day (I think he worked overtime that day).

Hope this helps.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi.

This is the error log:

GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (7666): Executing query: SELECT Timestmp FROM lsql_Category WHERE ( ID = 17 AND Timestmp > 20040226120353 ) from Links::Category::_plg_modify at /admin/Links/Category.pm line 201
GT::SQL::Table (7666): The record you are attempting to modify has changed since you last accessed it. at /admin/Links/Category.pm line 201.
Invalid Request: '' 'category_modify' at /admin/admin.cgi line 65

--
20040226120353 is the TIMESTAMP at which the Category was created and thereafter subcats added.

If this could get any answers as access to server would not be possible unfortunately.

Thnx
Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Feb 25, 2004, 11:21 PM
Quote Reply
i don't get it needscripts. I've been getting the same problem for the past 2 weeks but i've been using the same links sql version for a year and it just started happening.

Weird I wonder what happened.
Quote Reply
Re: [SinisterX] Major Bug??? in Links SQL 2.1.2 In reply to
In Reply To:
i don't get it needscripts. I've been getting the same problem for the past 2 weeks but i've been using the same links sql version for a year and it just started happening.

Weird I wonder what happened.

I don't know if this would work, but you can give it a shot:

1) Back up your entire database + configurations detials
2) Do a fresh install on a new database.
3) Export the db & hope it works.

I am not sure why is the problem appearing, but am just getting little worried to see that others are facing the same problem. I assume/hope GT might be more helpful on this thread than me.

Vishal Thakkar

Vishal
Quote Reply
Re: [SinisterX] Major Bug??? in Links SQL 2.1.2 In reply to
And My Problem Is right from First Category Addition Itself. Just can't go about editing. Error Log Posted Above (not under mod_perl). Though even running under mod_perl leads to same scenario.

Fresh Installation, so i do not really need to do a export import backup reinstallation stuff as suggested by Vishal.

Another Thing is that on removing a Category and doing a rebuild the Static Category Directories are not removed from the server (hough it does not show up on static pages) though the permissions are correct though i am not sure if it is meant to be that way.
Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Major Bug??? in Links SQL 2.1.2 In reply to
Any help on this?

I am stalled as i would not want to move at creating categories till this seems to be rectified. The problem is that I can't edit the category (no links there in db) after creating it.

Anup
Quote Reply
Perhaps it is time for a new keyboard mouse ... I've encountered the error and can say with certainty the error has resulted (on my system) from a double-click of the mouse on the submit button.

~ Karen
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] Major Bug??? in Links SQL 2.1.2 In reply to
I don't think so that that is the case with me. I have seen this error being reported quite often right from 2000 onwards. Perhaps GT need a closer look at this

Anup