Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

title_linked indicator

Quote Reply
title_linked indicator
Hi,

Does anybody know where it is possible to change the way the <%title_linked%> function displays the indication to the user of which part of the site he/she is in and a link to previous categories...

For example on the demo this is an example :
Home : Architecture : Associations : AIA Chapters

and I would like to have :
Home > Architecture > Associations > AIA Chapters

Any ideas ?

Thanks, Jag
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] title_linked indicator In reply to
Hi. Something like this should do the trick;

<%edit_title_linked($title_links)%>

edit_title_linked =>

Code:
sub {
my $in = $_[0];
$in =~ s|\:|&gt;|g;
return $in;
}

Hope that helps.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] title_linked indicator In reply to
Thanks Andy I'll give it a whirl.

BTW the Thumb_Images plug-in works a great for creating a little image next to my links. It's getting on nicely Smile

Jag
Significant Media
Quote Reply
NP.

Quote:
BTW the Thumb_Images plug-in works a great for creating a little image next to my links. It's getting on nicely

Cool

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hi. Something like this should do the trick;

edit_title_linked =>

Code:
sub {
my $in = $_[0];
$in =~ s|\:|&gt;|g;
return $in;
}

Hi Andy,

Got this error :

Error: Variable 'edit_title_linked' is not a code reference

both using :

and
<%edit_title_linked($title_linked)%>

Created the routine "edit_title_linked" in globals.

Unsure

Do you have any idea where this is actually formatted. I was also wanting to bold the page the user is on as well as replacing the ":" with a ">".

Jag
Significant Media

Last edited by:

Jag: Aug 18, 2004, 4:16 PM
Quote Reply
Found the easier way =)

In /admin/Links/Build.pm, you need to find the routine "sub build_title_linked". Then find;

Code:
my $output = $home ? qq| <a href="$CFG->{build_root_url}/$CFG->{build_index}">$top</a> :| : '';
for (0 .. $#dirs) {
my $path = "/" . $db->as_url( join "/", @dirs[0 .. $_] );
$output .= qq| <a href="$CFG->{build_root_url}$path/$CFG->{build_index}">$dirs[$_]</a> :|;
}

..and change the parts in "RED" to whatever you want. That should do it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks Andy, just did the mod in Build.pm and it works fine !

If I was wanting to bold the actual area that the user is in that comes last so that it stands out is it also here that I would modify it.

I was wanting to modify :
$output .= qq| <a href="$CFG->{build_root_url}$path/$CFG->{build_index}">$dirs[$_]</a> &gt;|;
to ;
$output .= qq| <a href="$CFG->{build_root_url}$path/$CFG->{build_index}">$dirs[$_]</a> &gt; <b>|;

thinking that this is where the final part of the indicator would be placed and then add "</b>" to my template to finish the bold tag, but it's messy and I'm not sure if I've understood the code or not.

Thanks Jag
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Hi Andy

I've just come across this in the directory :

Destination > Americas > South America > Chili &g

The &g should be &gt; but is cut off and this happens all through the site it is built by this :
$output .= qq| <a href="$CFG->{build_root_url}$path/$CFG->{build_index}">$dirs[$_]</a> :|;

that I changed to this :
$output .= qq| <a href="$CFG->{build_root_url}$path/$CFG->{build_index}">$dirs[$_]</a> &gt;|;

Can you figure out why this is happening ?

Thanks John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Quote:
Can you figure out why this is happening ?

Mmm... What does the HTML output look like? (i.e is it HTML escaped).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I just modified the second line in order to see what could be wrong.
Put it back to ":" as the original code was and it worked OK. I then put ">" instead of "&gt;" and it works fine. This obviously may not be displayed properly by certain browsers but I'm leaving like that for the moment.

So :
doesn't work and
$output .= qq| <a href="$CFG->{build_root_url}$path/$CFG->{build_index}">$dirs[$_]</a> >|;
does (in IE6)

I guess the ";" that is in &gt; may be creating the problems when it is being parsed by some other routine.

Although I was getting :
Destination > Americas > South America > Chili &g
so both the "t" and the ";" get cut off somehow !

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
This should work;

Code:
$output .= qq| <a href="$CFG->{build_root_url}$path/$CFG->{build_index}">$dirs[$_]</a>| . q|&gt;|;

Note the q|| part at the end, which *should* stop anything bein executed between it (i.e trying to run the routine &gt, which wouldnt exist Tongue

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy thanks for your help. For some reason even putting it as you said creates the same problem with the final ">" being cut down to "&g". Anyway I'm going to finish my templates for the community plug-in (I thought they'd be the same as the other GT templates but there built fairly differently.
I'll try your new Thumbs Image plug-in again. It's great the simple 2.1 vers. so much so that I can't stand looking at my test pages without the images next to the links (that's why I'm waiting to try the other one since it replaces it).

Cheers, John
Significant Media