Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Submitted sites never show up in validate

Quote Reply
Submitted sites never show up in validate
Hello,

My site has all of the sudden stopped showing sites that are submitted. If someone submits a site, they get to the confirmation screen that says that the we received the information, but If I go into the validate screen it says there are 0 sites awaiting validation. There are no errors that I can see when submitting sites...everything looks like it is working but it is not.

I also checked and I have it set to Admin/Editors approves all links (recommended). I also went into the category just to be sure there wasn't some kind of autovalidation going on and there is nothing there.

Thanks,

Bryce
Quote Reply
Re: [Demolitioncrew] Submitted sites never show up in validate In reply to
Do they actually appear in the database?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Submitted sites never show up in validate In reply to
Hello Andy,

No they aren't appearing in the database either.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Try repair the tables (under the database menu)
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Submitted sites never show up in validate In reply to
Hello Ian,

That didn't do it either :(
Quote Reply
Are you getting the email (as admin) that a new site has been submitted?

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Submitted sites never show up in validate In reply to
I didn't have this function tured on. I turned it on and did a test submit. I recieved an email that said the site was awaiting validation. I checked hte validation screen just to be sure, but there is still nothing there. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Anyone want to get paid to fix this for me? I need this fixed and I'm at a loss :(

I got some good publicity on Friday and I'm afraid it is all getting wasted since people aren't getting added (even though they think they are since they get the confirmation screen).
Quote Reply
Hello. I completly reinstalled links by running install.cgi. I deleted the admin folder and the *.cgi files in the cgi-bin. I kept a copy of my database and my custom templates. Even after reinstalling, I still have the same problem. I can submit a link and receive the email, but nothing appears in the database or on my validation screen. Any other ideas?
Quote Reply
Turn on debugging, try adding another site and then scan through your error log, you should see lots of executed queries.