Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can I just say WOW!!

Quote Reply
Can I just say WOW!!
 I know that this has been probably been said a thousand times, but can I just take a moment to say WOW!Cool

I was worried when I first bought Links SQL and yes it has taken a few days to get my head around the power of the software. I have been a links 2.0 user for years and I thought that Links SQL would just be a speedier version. How wrong I was....

Where do I start...
Templates Brilliant,
Globals brilliant,
Tree menu FANTASTIC
MySQLMan built in smart

I have just started playing with the <%if tag eq 'whatever'%>Do what ever I want<%endif> this one line of code has changed my life.

Thank you so much to everyone involved in the making of the software and for this forum. This forum is a wealth of information...

Wow........
Quote Reply
Re: [Sense_able] Can I just say WOW!! In reply to
Indeed it is :)

Quote:
I have just started playing with the <%if tag eq 'whatever'%>Do what ever I want<%endif> this one line of code has changed my life.

Another cool one, which I only worked out recently, is;

<%if tag contains 'something'%>do this<%endif%>

... so if <%tag%> has "something" in it, then show "do this" ... simple, but VERY powerful Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Can I just say WOW!! In reply to
It just keeps getting better....... I shall have to put my thinking head on.....
Quote Reply
Re: [Sense_able] Can I just say WOW!! In reply to
You young people amaze me (Andy - this means you as well). These type of instructions in a different format were around 25 years ago in BASIC (beginners all symbolic instruction code). It is basically an 'if - then - else' type code.
Now if my memory serves me correct this was about 4 years before you were born Andy.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] Can I just say WOW!! In reply to
Yeah, but its a new thing for me to learn ;) It wasn't in Links2, or LSQL 1.x, or the earliest versions of LSQL 2.x , so I've never had to use it ;)

Obviously I use it in Perl all the time (=~ //), but through the GT template parser, now that IS cool Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!