Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Add_Date Field in Admin hidden

Quote Reply
Add_Date Field in Admin hidden
Just noticed the Add_Date and Mod_Date fields in the admin browser and database /add pages have disappeared. Looking at the page source I can see they are there, but set to hidden. So I installed a fresh test version, and indeed the field Form Type is set as hidden (as correct), but the fields show in the admin form as expected. This is the same defaults in my main site but as I said, no show.

Strange.

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Add_Date Field in Admin hidden In reply to
What about in Database > Links > Properties, set them as "TEXT", instead of "HIDDEN" fields.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Ok, on the clean install test version, I changed the 'Form Display' text to something else, and yep, the field disapairs from the admin add forms. Tried renaming back to Add_Date and the field wont return as it remains hidden. The 'Form Display' shouldn't effect this - perhaps this is a bug?

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Add_Date Field in Admin hidden In reply to
Yes I can do that and brings it back. Still think is is a bug of some sort.

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
I think thats what is mean't to happen - as you are not mean't to be able to edit those details (appart from when addilng new links) .. these values are normally updated automatically.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Add_Date Field in Admin hidden In reply to
That's true, but these do show on the forms anyhow until you changed the text, then they reset to their hidden status. No problem changing this to a text field though. Thanks.

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
Not sure, maybe GT could shed some light once they've settled in their new office :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk