Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Admin Add Link form location?

Quote Reply
Admin Add Link form location?
As long as I've owned this program, I've never had to mess with this file, until now. What exactly is the name and location of this file? I need to add some new form fields. Thanks...

Add Link to: Computers

Browse | Add Cat | Add Link | Edit | Delete | Move | Editors | Related | Validate |

Title

URL

LinkOwner

Add Date

Mod Date

Description

Contact Name

Contact Email

Hits

Is Validated
Quote Reply
Re: [Chrisp] Admin Add Link form location? In reply to
This is for the Editor part? The files are in admin/templates/default, or admin/templates/default .. with file prefixes as browser_*.html.

Hope that helps Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Admin Add Link form location? In reply to
Hey Andy,

Thanks. Not for the editor part, but for the admin. From the admin control panel, go to browse, click on a category, then click on add link. That is the exact page I am looking for, and the page I need to add extra form fields too.

tia

Last edited by:

Chrisp: Mar 8, 2003, 7:57 AM
Quote Reply
So you need to add fields? LSQL should do that automatically...

Goto Database > Links > Properties > Go > at bottom of page, there is a link saying 'add field'

Click that, and then it should give you a load of options to create for your new field...

Hope taht helps Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hey Andy,

Actually you've modified the admin page already on the old server for AS.com (two words) and added the form fields with all kinds of goodie data on some modifications we did a while back. But I moved the site to a new server, and the changes are not showing up on the admin add url page I am talking about. So I figured it was a simple template issue, and uploading the old template for the admin add url page to the new server.
Quote Reply
How did you restore the database? Via a MySQL Dump? If so, goto Database > Links > Properties > Resync Tables

That will grab the old data from MySQL. The other option, is to upload pretty much all your .def files (in admin/defs)....don't upload database.def, or that will screw up Tongue

If you want me to take a look for you, lemme know via email :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks for the great help Andy! For everyone's FYI, there was a links_links.def file I had to upload from the old server to the new one. That took care of everything.

Last edited by:

Chrisp: Mar 8, 2003, 9:01 AM
Quote Reply
Fixed. Just needed to upload a couple of .def files, and do a re-sync on the Links table Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk