Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

search engine friendly page names?

Quote Reply
search engine friendly page names?
Hi, I've been out of the loop for a few years. I've been using this since the Links 2.0 days and haven't upgraded since Links SQL version 2.1.1

My version builds the detailed pages like: www.domain.com/pages/1.html (1 being the link ID)

I am assuming things have changed since then, but wanted to confirm. Does a newer version build the names with something more relevant to the page? If so, how does it work? Can you specify an SEO name like many other programs offer these days?

I am going to do a complete overhaul of my site and this will help me decide if I'm going to continue using Links SQL or something else. Right now I'm using it as a sort of CMS + directory/search engine.
Quote Reply
Re: [AtoZ] search engine friendly page names? In reply to
We have the free StaticURLtr plugin that allows you to build more SEO (and human) friendly urls. Gossamer Links 3.x also has more configurability over the filenames to build as.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] search engine friendly page names? In reply to
brewt wrote:
We have the free StaticURLtr plugin that allows you to build more SEO (and human) friendly urls. Gossamer Links 3.x also has more configurability over the filenames to build as.

Thanks! I found it over here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/forum/Products_C9/Gossamer_Links_C5/Development,_Plugins_and_Globals_F20/GLinks_3.0.1%2B_plugin%3A_StaticURLtr_P281328/

It says GLinks 3.0.1+ so I will need to upgrade or would it work on 2.1.1?
Quote Reply
Re: [AtoZ] search engine friendly page names? In reply to
Unfortunately, it does rely on some of the things we added in 3.x, so you'll need to upgrade to 3.x.

Adrian