Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Telnet commands

Quote Reply
Telnet commands
After running rph-verify on a lage new data base, is there a telnet command to delete bad links by status code? Something like delete 404 or 202 etc. Deleting by browser takes a long time and using the "delete all enteies" only seems to work for a page of links at a time. Seems that there must be a telnet command to do this?

Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] Telnet commands In reply to
You can't do that since you are not connected to the MySQL server. You first need to connect to your MySQL server, then run the following command:

Quote:

DELETE FROM Links WHERE (Status = 404) OR (Status = 202)

Although you can easily run the same command via the SQL Monitor in MySQLMan that comes with Links SQL.

Or you can delete the links via the Status window for Links in the admin.cgi script.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Telnet commands In reply to
When trying to delete link status window I select the status group (404, 202, ets.) when that window opens I secect "you can DELETE all entries", which presents a page of links with a "select all" box at the bottom. When I select this box only the links displayed on that page are deleted, and not all the links belonging to the group, yet when I click on "Recheck" all the links in the group are rechecked, not just the ones on the page. I am unclear on how to delete all links at the same time that belong to the same status group without having to delete them page by page?

Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] Telnet commands In reply to
I gave you THREE methods of deleting all those links...PLEASE re-read my post!!!!!!

The better method may be using the SQL Monitor option with the above SQL statement I already provided you!!!
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me