Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

DMOZ Imports...

Quote Reply
DMOZ Imports...
Ok, not sure if this should have gone in the 'Custom' forum, but i thought as it was more aimed at Links SQL here would be better. I have just purchased a server form a mate of mine, and am now looking at getting another one dedicated to just doing DMOZ imports and slicing into dumps. I am just looking to see if there would be enough custom to warrent me doing this, as obviously i would ahve to pay to keep the server going and my time.

If anyone is interested, then please either PM me or reply to this thread.

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] DMOZ Imports... In reply to
I would be interested in spliced sections of the dmoz dump.
Quote Reply
Oh, and i forgot to mention, the dumps will be made weekly, so the data should always be recent.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I'd also be interested in portions, not on a regular basis though.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] DMOZ Imports... In reply to
Im making dumps too at the moment for people so it will mean I have them already made up soon and Im doing a dump of the whole content file too.

What joy.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Dec 20, 2001, 11:12 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] DMOZ Imports... In reply to
I am interested in the Sports section and the mp3 section.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [KidKilowatt] DMOZ Imports... In reply to
Ok, it looks like there will be quite a reasonable amount of people wantingthe dumps. What I will do then is create the first dump on my existing server,and then from that i will get the other server, and im hoping that there will beenough people wanting dumps to pay of the monthly cost of the server.

I wont have any dumps ready too soon (probably beginning of next year), so ifyou are desperate for them then i wont be offended if you get them of PaulWink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok, I have now got the 'Adult' category done. If you are interested in it then give me an email at webmaster@ace-installer.com and I will give you some more information on it.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
:( I can't delete.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Dec 31, 2001, 10:04 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] DMOZ Imports... In reply to
Ok, Just an update on how its going.

I now have ready the following;

Adults - 89k links. 31.5Mb
Arts - 259k 15Mb (Gzipped...just under 100Mb when unzipped).
Business - 208.5k - 75Mb

All of these file can be downloaded straight from my server. You can either use wget to download directory from my server to yours, or if you want you can manually download and re-upload to your server (currently wget takes about 5-10 mins max). The prices for these dumps vary from category to category. Please email me for more infomration on then, or if you want a specific cut made just for you.

I'm currently downloading just the structure of Dmoz, so if anyone is interested in that I'll post another update soon. The dumps I am offering at the moment are from this weeks RDF from Dmoz, so it is the latest you can get. Installation of these dumps is also available if needed.

Well, I'll keep you all posted.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Last edited by:

AndyNewby: Jan 2, 2002, 2:38 AM
Quote Reply
Why don't you gzip them all?

Adults would be about 25MB smaller if you did and save you a ton of bandwidth Tongue
Quote Reply
Update... In reply to
Ok, I've been getting quite a few emails from people asking for prices,so I thought I would just post them here. I now have the following categories;

Adults - 89k links. 31.5Mb - $15
Computers - 116k - 42.6Mb - $15
Arts - 259k 15Mb (Gzipped...just under 100Mb when unzipped) - $35
Business - 208.5k - 75Mb - $30

I did try doing just a structure dump from DMOZ, but for some reason the script got confused and it didnt work out Frown

Any, if anyone is interested in any of these dumps then please feel free to email me at webmaster@ace-installer.com. I should responed within 24 hours, if not less.

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk