Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

downloading updates manually???

Quote Reply
downloading updates manually???
Hi,

is it possible to download updates manually instead of using the update function in Admin Links SQL? I made some changes in several files and it could be much easier to apply the changes in the update files to the files I changed before instead of the reverse.

Tia

Merten
Quote Reply
Re: [neves] downloading updates manually??? In reply to
Hi,

As far as I know, thats not possible.

You can view the files that are being updated with the "detais" section in the "Update" area. Then, when the update is done - the old file will be named File.pm.bak, and then the new one in File.pm.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] downloading updates manually??? In reply to
Hi Andy,

unfortunately overwriting the files with an update is not an option. I will try to find out what Update.pm does to do that manually. Maybe that will work.

Merten
Quote Reply
Hi,

Another option, would be to setup a "test" install (you're allowed a 2nd install, for "test" purposes).

Then, do the updates via that - and then look at the files that were updated.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
The updates system makes backups of all the existing files it overwrites and moves them into admin/updates.

The other option is to do what Andy said - create a second test install for downloading the updates. You'll need to log into the licensed area to add them path of your second install as a test install.

Adrian