Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Verification Email?

Quote Reply
Verification Email?
hello,

how can the user and/or admin make a request to send out the verification email again in case the user did not receive it the first time?

thanx,

eddie
Quote Reply
Re: [eddie123] Verification Email? In reply to
i don't think i asked my question right. i'm going to try this again. when a user registers to your website, they have to receive the verification first before they log in. (i have tested this and i know it works) but, what if for some reason a user doesn't receive that email verification. what are they suppose to do.

is there a way to send out that email verification again? or, does anyone have another solution?

eddie
Quote Reply
Never really looked into this.I would imagine they would have to email you, and then get you to manually set their account to "is Validated".

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Verification Email? In reply to
andy,

thanx for the response, how would i go about changing the account manually to: "is Validated"?

thanx again,

eddie
Quote Reply
Database > Users > Search (search for users 'Not Validated')...

Then find the ID of the user you want to modify....

Database > Users > Modify > Enter ID number into box

Then select 'Status' to 'Registered'

That should do the job.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Verification Email? In reply to