Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Related Categories

Quote Reply
Related Categories
In the category template there is a code for "Related Categories" (<%~loop related_loop%>), and in the subcategory.html template there is the <%if Related%>@<%endif%>

I don’t understand the difference between this two Related, I see that in the browser when I use the Related it use the <%if Related%>@<%endif%> so what is the use of the <%if related_loop.length~%>, where I use it
Quote Reply
Re: [nir] Related Categories In reply to
Hi,

If you go in via "Browse", and select a category - then click "Related" you can add a "relation" to the category (for it to show up in). You can also set a different name to show.

For example, if your category structure is:

Test
Test/Sub 1
Test/Sub 2
Test/Sub 3
another test
another test/Sub 1
another test/Sub 2
another test/Sub 3

..and you wanna show the category another test/Sub 1 on Test, you could do that by clicking on the category "Test", then "Related", and then click on another test/Sub 1. Then, the category another test/Sub 1 would show up in Test.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Related Categories In reply to
Thanks,
When I create the Related catgory like you show it display the related category in the <%category%> tag.
What is the code (<%~loop related_loop%>) it not display the related category.
Quote Reply
Mmm not sure - havn't played with related categories much. Maybe GT/someone else can shed some light.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
It depends on your settings. If you have Setup => Build Options => build_category_yahoo turned on, then related categories get merged into the category loop and get prefixed with the @ character. If you turn that off, then I believe the related categories will get put in the related_loop.

Adrian