Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Official instructions for transfer onto a new server

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [yo Huge] Official instructions for transfer onto a new server In reply to
Ah, you need:

mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD DB_NAME < backup.sql

(again, this is a COMMAND, not a SQL query from inside the mysql prompt)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Official instructions for transfer onto a new server In reply to
not working.. hmm. is the username 'root' or is it the username that has previlages for just that backup database?
is the password the root mysql password or the old backup db password or the new database password?
Quote Reply
The user/password for the DB would be the same as you get when doing:

mysql -uroot

...and then entering your password.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
ok got it to work, dam u know what it was, the root password had a '!' character in it so when i entered the command on the one line, it would say '-bash: !gJd4: event not found' in which it was truncating the last part of the password like it was part of the command variable. so i put '-p ' on the line and the password query moved to the followup line and then it worked. thanks!
Quote Reply
Ah yeah- in those cases, you can either do -p'whatever!something' , or just do -p , and then when you press "enter" it will prompt you to enter the password :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
ok this is a strange happening. i finished intallling links and adcycle on the new server and edited the AdConfig.pm file with the correct mysql database name and password and paths, but when i login to adcycle's adcenter.cgi, enter the user and pass, i get in ok... but then when i click on anything in there like add advertiser or edit campaign, it shows the adcenter.cgi login screen again.. which logs me in again .. and so on.. so i'm trapped in the endless loop. any ideas as to what is causing this? Frown
Quote Reply
Hi,

Weird - someone else was also having the same issue:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...gin_P307126/#p307126

Mormally its due to your cookie path (needs to be .domain.com, instead of just domain.com) ... but I looked at Mannys install a little while back, and couldn't spot the issue :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
> >