Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Making Links Inactive

Quote Reply
Making Links Inactive
Is there a way for me to keep links in the database without them showing on the site itself? I'd like to keep a record of links which I'll be "deleting" from the site, but I can't find a way to set a link to "inactive" or "invisible".

If you love cats - visit www.TheCatSite.com

Visit my LinkSQL based Cat Site - www.Meowhoo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Anat] Making Links Inactive In reply to
Hi,

The simplest way - is to just set the links to isValidated => No

However, this will make them show up on your "Validate Links" bit in the admin area =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Making Links Inactive In reply to
Should have mentioned I tried that and I'm looking for something that will keep them out of the validation queue (which tends to be busy enough as it is ;) ). Thanks!

Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm.. thats not possible really I'm afraid Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Anat:

I imagine you could create another field in your database such as show_link - 'yes' or 'no' and then in your link.html template put the following: <%if show_link ne 'no'%>. This will then only show those links that the field is either set to 'yes' or are blank.

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] Making Links Inactive In reply to
Thanks - I was hoping there may be a way without hacking the code, but I guess there isn't. It's been years and years since I hacked this particular script lol, not sure I am up to it right now, but we'll see, I may just hire a coder around these parts - I bet it's not too complicated if you know what you're doing.