Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

How do you show edit what <%link%> shows up like for editors?

Quote Reply
How do you show edit what <%link%> shows up like for editors?
Argh..I'm confused here. Where do I need to go to modify the browser.cgi link modification part. I want to make it so link.html shows the image that is listed for that link (only for modification and move)...does anyone know how/what I need to edit? I havn't really played with the editor part of it yet..so I'm still new to this Tongue

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How do you show edit what <%link%> shows up like for editors? In reply to
Isn't there a hook for this?

Or you could modify the template where you have the <%link%> and replace it with your own generate tag. Just a thought.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins

Last edited by:

Ian: Jun 13, 2002, 11:34 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] How do you show edit what <%link%> shows up like for editors? In reply to
Yeah...

I can't see a hook for it though....or even the file that generates it! Could someone point me in the right direction, and then maybe I could edit it Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How do you show edit what <%link%> shows up like for editors? In reply to
Links/Browser.pm is where it all happens....

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] How do you show edit what <%link%> shows up like for editors? In reply to
Ah..thanks...at least I'm in the right file now Crazy

Still having problems though. I only want this image to be shown to the editors when they are 'modifying' a link...so I thought that modifying sub link_modify_form would work, but it didn't return anytinhg. Am I in completly the wrong sub?

Also, why is there browser_*.html files in both the 'admin' folder, and 'default' one...which ones do I need to modify?

Mmm...think I better go out and get some fresh air...my head is spinning Pirate

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Modify the ones in the Local folder inside your template directory ie. /yahoo/local (from memory).

I think the addition of 'isEditor' in your user database (which I do BTW), will make it easier for all you code to determine who is logged in, Ordinary User, Guest, Admin, EditorWink. Just add the column during your install.

It is very simple to write the code to check each user as to if they are an editor or not, and have it do this on install also.

Not sure this is what you are wanting, but I hope its a help.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins