Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO lsql_Links

Quote Reply
Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO lsql_Links
Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO lsql_Links (URL,Contact_Name,isPopular,Status,Contact_Email,Rating,isNew,Mod_Date,LinkOwner,Title,Votes,Add_Date,isValidated,isChanged,Hits,Description,ID) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,NULL)' Reason: Unknown column 'isPopular' in 'field list'

How can I fix this and what did I do to create this problem?
www.sagnetwork.com - Internet Portal
Quote Reply
Re: [tazmear] Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO lsql_Links In reply to
Hi,

If you look in lsql_Links (via MySQLMan), and click "Properties" - do you see the "isPopular" field? Sounds like its been removed (this will cause errors, as its required by other parts of the script too =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO lsql_Links In reply to
just checked, and its not in there.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Does it exist in Database > Links > Properties ?

If it doesn't, add a new field via Database > Links > Properties > Add Column

Make the new field the same as in this screenshot (this is how the field should look):

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Updating Cool Flags ...
A fatal error has occured:

Can't call method "fetchrow_array" on an undefined value at Links::Build::build_cool_flags line 24.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

ok Andy thanks for the help, now this is the error im getting.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Do you want to PM/email over your GLinks login details, and I'll take a look for you? Looks like your missing another field (possibly more :/) .

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

For anyone interested, this was in LSQL 2.1.2 (quite an old version, I know :D). The problem was down to the DEFAULT '' bits in the MySQL table creation code's, and also a bit of an odd syntax for the lsql_ClickTracks table;

Code:
PRIMARY KEY (LinkID,IP,ClickType,ReviewID,IP,ClickType,ReviewID,LinkID,IP,ClickType,ReviewID,LinkID,IP,ClickType,ReviewID),

..when it only needed to be:

Code:
PRIMARY KEY (LinkID,IP,ClickType,ReviewID),

I fixed those in a local dump, and manually created the tables - and all seems fine now :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks Again Andy,

If anyone knows there stuff it's Andy. He took the time to find my problem and fix it. There will be money coming your way Andy for the time and effort you put into fixing the problem. I was totally lost on the problem, as I have installed LINKSQL many times but for some reason this time I could not get it to install properly.
Its nice to have someone take time to fix a problem, when all he could have said "No Clue".

Thanks Again Andy.

Tazmear