Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Easy import...

Quote Reply
Easy import...
I know we have nph-import.cgi, but is there any other way we can import easily and quickly a lot of links? I have a database in the format of;

title::name::email::description::url::hits

and I need to insert this into the database. Has anyone found a good, and reliable way to do this?

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Easy import... In reply to
I wrote an import script a few weeks ago...it's pretty simple.

Just read the file, split the data and insert it (using $DB->table('Links')->insert( stuff ) )

I just imported them all into a temporary category first and remember to insert the CatLinks records.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 13, 2002, 7:00 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Easy import... In reply to
Yeah..I just did a similar thing. Thanks for the reply though Smile Inserted about 150 records in the space of a few seconds...would have taken me forever....LOL

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Easy import... In reply to
Good idea guys. This may be the way to import my links from my other databases. Gosh, I think I am at the stage where I could actually write this for myself too!

I am actually thinking of having my own little export too, for the custom tables I have made.

(just thinking out loud).

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins