Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Category ID 4294967295

Quote Reply
Category ID 4294967295
Hi,

Everytime I add a new category Links SQL tries to call it ID 4294967295.

Someone suggested running SQL query:

ALTER TABLE links_Category AUTO_INCREMENT= 50;

However this hasn't fixed the problem.

Any clues?

Alex

Indigo Clothing is a t-shirt printing company based in the UK.
Indigo Clothing | Promotional Clothing | T-Shirt Printing | Embroidery
Quote Reply
Re: [IndigoClothing] Category ID 4294967295 In reply to
How many categories do you have in your database?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Category ID 4294967295 In reply to
29 categories but not all the IDs are there so the last cat ID is actually 50

Last edited by:

IndigoClothing: Nov 19, 2003, 10:15 AM
Quote Reply
Fixed it myself! Wow!

Used AUTO_INCREMENT= 29 and it worked.

Alex

Quote Reply
In that case, you need to edit 'CatLinks' and 'Category' to reflect newely assigned ID numbers to these appropriate tables. Basically you just need to make sure the max category ID is just 29.

Either that, or you could PM me, and I have a plugin you may be interested in purchasing. It will cleanup your database by putting all category ID's in numerical order... for example, you have;

...it would turn them into;

...whilst updating the CatLinks table appropriatly.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Fixed it myself! Wow!

Used AUTO_INCREMENT= 29 and it worked.

Glad to hear it :)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Oh no Unsure - spoke to soon! When I tried to 'BuildAll' I got this after the the detailed pages have been built:

A fatal error has occured:
GT::SQL::Table (18544): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Must pass category id to template_set at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/indigoclothing.com/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Category.pm line 307.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Stack Trace======================================Links (18544): Links::environment called at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/indigoclothing.com/cgi-bin/admin/Links.pm line 431 with no arguments.Links (18544): Links::fatal called at GT::Base::error line 362 with arguments (GT::SQL::Table (18544): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Must pass category id to template_set at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/indigoclothing.com/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Category.pm line 307. ).Links (18544): GT::Base::error called at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/indigoclothing.com/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Category.pm line 307 with arguments ([undef], Links::Category=HASH(0x86a0f80), BADARGS, FATAL, Must pass category id to template_set).Links (18544): Links::Category::template_set called at (eval 68) line 57 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x86a0f80), [undef]).Links (18544): Links::Build::build_detailed called at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/indigoclothing.com/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments (ARRAY(0x87d9470), 193, HASH(0x8760ce8)).Links (18544): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/indigoclothing.com/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Build.pm line 30 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/indigoclothing.com/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins, build_detailed, *Links::Build::build_detailed, HASH(0x8760ce8)).Links (18544): Links::Build::build called at nph-build.cgi line 523 with arguments (detailed, HASH(0x8760ce8)).Links (18544): main::_build_detailed called at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/indigoclothing.com/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments (HASH(0x82a52cc)).Links (18544): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at nph-build.cgi line 88 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/indigoclothing.com/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins, create_detailed, CODE(0x828019c), HASH(0x82a52cc)).Links (18544): main::build_all called at nph-build.cgi line 43 with no arguments.Links (18544): main::main called at nph-build.cgi line 30 with no arguments.

Quote Reply
Have the ID numbers been updated in both the CatLink and Category tables?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Good thinking. Updated ID numbers in CatLink table and the problem was fixed. Andy you are a star!

Many Thanks Smile

Alex

Quote Reply
No problem :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk