Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

PLEASE someone help on this simple question

Quote Reply
PLEASE someone help on this simple question
Unsure I have spent quite some time figuring out how to make the category drop down list in add a link page to be more than 5 characters wide. With 500+ categories, and a site usually going into more than 5, it is very hard to scroll through all of the categories. I was trying to find where in the admin templates to make the drop down box say 10 wide but can not find it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [switpi] PLEASE someone help on this simple question In reply to
Hi,

This can only be changed in the code right now. Look at admin/Links/User/Add.pm and change:

$category = $html->get_all_categories(\@ids, 'CatLinks.CategoryID', 1);

and replace the 1 with how large a multi select you would like.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] PLEASE someone help on this simple question In reply to
Alex,

I tried this and it did not work. What I want is in regard to the Database editor, link and add, where you get your place to add a link. I want the box on the very bottom that lists the categories to be more than five lines wide vertically. I tried what you said and it did not work, perhaps you did not understand what I was requesting. I just want to be able to see more categories at a time as I am choosing them. Let me know if you have any ideas, as well as on the technical support issue I have sent to you some days ago of not being able to do exports after having done the update.

Cheers

Glen
Quote Reply
Re: [switpi] PLEASE someone help on this simple question In reply to
Hi,

Ah, I did misunderstand you. This still requires changing the code, but you want to edit admin/Links/Link.pm and change around line 567:

my $mult = shift || 5;

change the 5 to whatever height you'd like.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.