Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Email and Contact_Email

Quote Reply
Email and Contact_Email
they're supposed to be two different columns right? in two different tables (Email is for USERS and Contact_Emails is for Links). Why is it then that if user does not enter another email address when adding a link, it will automatically insert the user's email address? more importantly, how can I change that?

Some of my listings will have neither a web address nor an email for their businesses. The user that actually adds the listing may not want his personal email to show up as the business Contact_Email to remain empty. The user will still have his email addy as the Link Owner. The way it is now, what's the point in having both Email and Contact_Email?

If you love cats - visit www.TheCatSite.com

Visit my LinkSQL based Cat Site - www.Meowhoo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Anat] Email and Contact_Email In reply to
I think Contact_Name and Contact_Email is mainly used for directories that allow guests to submit links. That means that users that are not registered can enter a link, and contact email is used internally, i.e. if you want to contact them.

I only allow registerd users to submit links, and I simply don't show the contact name and contact email fields.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Email and Contact_Email In reply to
I thought the "contact_email" was to contact people on the listing rather than the ones that submitted :) Maybe I'll just add a new column and get passed that one...

If you love cats - visit www.TheCatSite.com

Visit my LinkSQL based Cat Site - www.Meowhoo.com