Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

defined(%hash) is deprecated at ...../admin/GT/Base.pm line 100.

Quote Reply
defined(%hash) is deprecated at ...../admin/GT/Base.pm line 100.
Does anyone know the fix for all of the defined deprecated messages?

Code:
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /public_html/cgi-local/admin/GT/Base.pm line 100.

(Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
defined(@array) is deprecated at /public_html/cgi-local/admin/GT/Base.pm line 224.
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /public_html/cgi-local/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 410.
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /public_html/cgi-local/admin/GT/SQL/Driver.pm line 273.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: [AlexJ] defined(%hash) is deprecated at ...../admin/GT/Base.pm line 100. In reply to
Hi,

Which version of GLinks are you running? Basically there are a load of files that need changing to work with the newer versions of Perl. I've been through and fixed up a set of modules for myself (attached). If you are using the latest version (3.2.0 +). Just be sure to backup your own files though, in case it doesn't work for you.

Cheers

Andy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] defined(%hash) is deprecated at ...../admin/GT/Base.pm line 100. In reply to
Hi Andy,

Thanks - I appreciate you sharing those!

My install morphed into something so unrelated to what GLinks is, it's unrecognizable, so I wasn't able to keep up with the updates. I believe the core of it all is still 2.0.4! LOL Hopefully I can patch your updates in.

I'll let you know how that goes! Smile

Cheers,

AlexJ
Quote Reply
Re: [AlexJ] defined(%hash) is deprecated at ...../admin/GT/Base.pm line 100. In reply to
haha no worries - I know how it is! (I had a few installs like that as well)

The main thing is just to find the lines of code its complaining about, and remove the "defined" parts. Later versions of Perl are much more strict on it (to the point the latest version of Perl won't even install GLinks without editing the code install.cgi script)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] defined(%hash) is deprecated at ...../admin/GT/Base.pm line 100. In reply to
Hi Andy,

I can't get user login or registration to work after a move. I saw a lot of the defined(%hash) errors in my logs. So I used your zip file. Many of the errors went away, but it still does not work. The only error left is:

[Wed Sep 16 15:46:03.606380 2020] [cgi:error] [pid 23120] AH01215: defined(%hash) is deprecated at (eval 18) line 55.: /home/searchw/public_html/cgi-bin/user.cgi
[cgi:error] [pid 23120] AH01215: \t(Maybe you should just omit the defined()?): /home/searchw/public_html/cgi-bin/user.cgi

However , I can't find the defined(%hash) in the user.cgi file.

Any help is appriciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [shimmy1] defined(%hash) is deprecated at ...../admin/GT/Base.pm line 100. In reply to
Hi,

Do you have access to SSH? If so, could you try running user.cgi from there to see if it gives a different message? It could also be worth enabling debugging in /admin/Links/Config/Data.pm so it gives a bit more details

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

I tried turning on debugging , but it didn't show anything.

Then I went into SSH, but my command line knowledge is very low. I typed:

perl /home/homedir/public_html/cgi-bin/user.cgi

and it printed out the html code of that page, with no errors

Then I tried: perl /home/homedir/public_html/cgi-bin/user.cgi?signup_form=1

and it just said page not found.

Do you know what I type to do like the "post" command?
Quote Reply
Re: [shimmy1] defined(%hash) is deprecated at ...../admin/GT/Base.pm line 100. In reply to
Try:

Code:
perl /home/homedir/public_html/cgi-bin/user.cgi '?signup_form=1'

or

Code:
perl /home/homedir/public_html/cgi-bin/user.cgi 'signup_form=1'

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

When I try both of those it displays the sign up form HTML code with no errors.

Both the sign up page and the login page load fine. The problem is when I fill out either form and click the login or signup button it just reload the page like nothing happened
Quote Reply
Hmm odd. Sorry, I'm not really sure. It's hard without actually seeing it / being able to add in some debugging

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I emailed you the link. If you would like cpanel access let me know.