Quote Reply
Payment System Possible Bug
Hi,

I have my payments setup like the following:

$9.99 Standard
$15.99 Premium

Renewal 20% Off
That works fine!

Now I have 10% discount after the first submission number 2 in the box, also have 15% off after the tenth submission 11 in the box,
discounts not working. I ran Repair Tables that did nothing!

From the manual this should be possible.

Any help would be appreciated!
Quote Reply
Gossamer Staff In reply to
I guess this one is not important enough, but I see a post right next to this one was answered today. Several months back I found a bug which causes problems for me and my users and that is still not fixed! The response is I will put it on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there so many bugs in this script it takes months or even years to get them fixed!!!!!!!!

It is not the users fault that your script has bugs. Test your script before selling it!

The support here really sinks. If it was not for Andy, Tandat, and a few other people no one would ever put up with the bad support you provide.

Thanks Andy, Tandat and others who over the years helped me and other people with this script.

I assume Gossamer will delete this post because ever word of it is the truth!
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] Gossamer Staff In reply to
I'm sorry you're not satisfied with our support on the forum, but please remember that our "official support" is through our support ticket system (as mentioned in the forum guidelines). I still recommend searching and posting to the forum first as it gives other people the ability to search for the question and answer later (as opposed to our ticket system, which doesn't allow people to quickly find answers to previously asked questions).

As for responses to questions, I respond to certain questions first if they're quick to answer. For questions that require more work to answer (eg. testing, figuring out what's going on, etc), I leave till I have more time to go through it. However, sometimes these posts slip through as I track things by new posts and only re-check for unanswered posts every couple of weeks.

As to your original problem, I just tested it and it works fine on my test installation. I'm not sure if the manual mentions this, but the code only counts outstanding paid links (ie. expired paid links don't count, nor do free ones) towards the count. So if you have 2, 10% and 10, 15% discounts, then the user would need to have 1 paid link when they purchase the 2nd link to get the 10% discount on the 2nd link. They will get the 10% discount on all link purchases after that until they hit their 10th paid link (assuming all the other previous links are still unexpired), where they will get 15% off.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Gossamer Staff In reply to
The 10% and 15% Discounts work but add 20% off on Renewal and the only thing that is displayed is what you would receive off if you Renew.

There is something wrong!
Quote Reply
Sorry, then I don't quite understand what the problem is. Also note that discounts don't apply to link renewals.

Adrian
Quote Reply

This is what I have:

Initial Terms:
Cost Term
$9.99
12 Months
$15.99 1 Year

Renewal Terms:
Cost Term
$7.99 12 Months
$12.79 1 Year

Payment Discounts:
Num Discounts
2 10%
15%

Please explain what should happen with the above!

Last edited by:

rascal: Sep 5, 2007, 9:32 PM
Quote Reply
What I said above. The discount will apply to new links, but it does not apply to link renewals.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Yes, there is no discount on renewal, but there is a renewal term so you can lower the price if they renew.

I had two new submissions and the person did not receive the 10% discount when I had the renewal term set, if I took out the renewal term it works.

I should be able to have multiple discounts and a renewal term!
Quote Reply
I added similar payment terms (with renewal) and discounts, and it works fine on my end. Can I get admin panel access and preferably ssh access to debug the issue? Also I'll need a user that I can add the links as.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Adrian,

Thanks for working on the problem I'm having.

Admin access is being sent to you via private message.
Quote Reply
I have fixed the problem on your site, and have also put up an update. The sorting of the discounts was broken in some cases.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Adrian,

Thanks for taking care of this problem!