Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

60000 links gone!

Quote Reply
60000 links gone!
I moved some links and sub-categories around in my database this weekend then noticed that several of the categories were showing -## in the numbers of links this morning did a repair table and got structure error then lost 60000 links froom 88,0000 to 24,000.

The worst of it is the backup file from the auto backup plugin is empty anyone have any thoguhts on what happened. Is there any hope of recovery?

ccunet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] 60000 links gone! In reply to
What happens if you do a 'Repair Tables' in the 'Database' section? Are the links physically gone?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] 60000 links gone! In reply to
Andy,
I ran repair tables a couple of time and each time to found stuff to repair. Whenit reported no repairs then the links were gone. I just found a category that I moved that had about 10,000 link that is totally empty . The category and all its subcategories show 0 in the database browser.

CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Do you have any MySQLDump backups? The Auto_Backup plugin should have made these for you, in your /admin/backup folder.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] 60000 links gone! In reply to
That was the first place I looked and the files are all empty. I got the emails saying they were done but the sql file is empty.
This really sucks. I was jsut getting this thing where I wanted it an poof!

tried the dmoz wizard but I don't have enough server room for the gzip file. Can that be loaded from another source.
Andre
my Christian web
Quote Reply
If you want to send over FTP details, I'll have a quick look for you. I'm going out in 20-30 mins, so I don't have much time... but I'll have a quick look for you.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk