Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Error verifying links

Quote Reply
Error verifying links
I am unable to successfully execute nph-verify, either from the web interface or the command line. The database is now somewhere around 3000 records, and when I launch the utility, the children are launched, but then I get the following errors:

Quote:
Error fetching link (1): Could not connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql08.[hide].com' (13)
Error fetching link (4): Could not connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql08.[hide].com' (13)
Error fetching link (2): Could not connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql08.[hide].com' (13)
Error fetching link (3): Could not connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql08.[hide].com' (13)
Error fetching link (1): Could not connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql08.[hide].com' (13)

These errors will go on for quite some time, with the first numeric value changing, and the last value always at 13.

The rest of the application works fine, so I don't know why nph-verify cannot connect to the MySQL server.

Can someone suggest where I check to solve this problem?

Would there be someplace I can check to see if the web host is interfering with the application?

And is there something I can do to reduce the load the application may be putting on the MySQL server when it does work?

Alan Frayer
Don't just read the news - make the news!
Your World News - http://yourworldnews.frayernet.com
Quote Reply
Re: [afrayer] Error verifying links In reply to
Error 13 is a Permission Denied error from MySQL. Try lowering the max_children option (edit nph-verify.cgi).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Error verifying links In reply to
In Reply To:
Error 13 is a Permission Denied error from MySQL. Try lowering the max_children option (edit nph-verify.cgi).
I've dropped children from 10 to 7 without effect. The children seem to be created, but they are being denied access. I've opened an incident with the web host, but I'm looking for workarounds. I suspect the host thinks I'm using too many resources, so I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to verify links without looking to be a resource hog.

Alan Frayer
Don't just read the news - make the news!
Your World News - http://yourworldnews.frayernet.com