Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Error during Links SQL 2.2.1 -> 3.0.0 upgrade

Quote Reply
Error during Links SQL 2.2.1 -> 3.0.0 upgrade
Attempting to upgrade from version 2.2.1 to 3.0.0 gives the following error:

Code:
Performing Links SQL 2.2.1 -> 3.0.0 upgrades...
Adding column CatRoot to Category table...
Error: Can't call method "parent_ids" on an undefined value at /u01/www/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/Links/Table/Category.pm line 431.
Can't call method "parent_ids" on an undefined value at /u01/www/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/Links/Table/Category.pm line 431.

This leaves the current version in a 'broken' state requiring a restore from backups.
Quote Reply
Re: [paulj] Error during Links SQL 2.2.1 -> 3.0.0 upgrade In reply to
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=280191

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Error during Links SQL 2.2.1 -> 3.0.0 upgrade In reply to
I saw that one, but the reply implied that the problem was only when upgrading from 2.2.0 to 3.0.0.

I was upgrading from 2.2.1. In the referenced thread, Brewt suggested upgrading to 2.2.1 before performing the upgrade. As you can see, I was already at 2.2.1.
Quote Reply
You would have to wait for the fixed version to be released then. I had downgraded to 2.99.1 RC due to FileMan errors.

Thanks
HyTC
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Error during Links SQL 2.2.1 -> 3.0.0 upgrade In reply to
Annoying, that there are strange rename warnings while install upgrade is done...
Quote:
Could not rename 'C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/nph-verify.cgi' to 'C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/nph-verify.cgi.bak': Permission deniedUnarchiving (755) C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/nph-verify.cgi
Backing up C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/nph-index.cgi
Could not rename 'C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/nph-index.cgi' to 'C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/nph-index.cgi.bak': Permission deniedUnarchiving (755) C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/nph-index.cgi
Backing up C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/admin.cgi
Could not rename 'C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/admin.cgi' to 'C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/admin.cgi.bak': Permission deniedUnarchiving (755) C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/admin.cgi
etc ...
I think it is not a good point, when a stable release has such warnings.
Also linebreak bugs might be fixed.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
We should have a new install package to fix this problem tomorrow. Sorry about the wait.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Error during Links SQL 2.2.1 -> 3.0.0 upgrade In reply to
Sure the missing line feeds look ugly (I'll see about fixing those), but those errors aren't the installer's fault. It looks like you have some permissions restricting it from doing it. If you fix your permissions to allow such actions, then you won't get those errors.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Error during Links SQL 2.2.1 -> 3.0.0 upgrade In reply to
Adrian,

About permission issue:
Are you serious about permission thing under Windows (even tough this is XP, but not restrictions used)?
There are no permission issues, which would stop the installer to rename the file.
I would be curious, what is resulting renaming error on unrestricted system...

About newline bug:
Quote:
Sure the missing line feeds look ugly (I'll see about fixing those), but those errors aren't the installer's fault.
You just need a newline after printing out an error message: $! . "\n<br>";
Thanks for fixing it.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Perl is not going to return an error moving a file unless the OS is returning the error. It's not the installer.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I would be curious, what was the rename error.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Quote:
Backing up C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/nph-index.cgi
Could not rename 'C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/nph-index.cgi' to 'C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/nph-index.cgi.bak': Permission denied
It is sort of strange that it couldn't move it yet it can overwrite. Though I can't remember all the permission combinations Windows can do and if that's possible or not.

Adrian
Quote Reply
The error happenes in the installer.cgi/GT::Installer package/sub _check_upgrade_files.
The file was changed, so it renames the file to make place for new file:
Code:
rename($path, $backup) or print lang('err_rename', $path, $backup, $!);
The nph-index.cgi file simnply had an archive bit set, nothing else. At least now this is the situation.

Similar errors may happen, if the path is invalid.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Any news on this fix yet?
I see the download version is still 3.0.0
Quote Reply
Not sure, if the error I noticed affects other systems, too.
I think most users should be NOT affected by this...

About the upgrade problem, I do not know if this was fixed.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
It's a week later and still no fix.

When can we expect this.
Quote Reply
Sorry, but we've got a few bugs left that we want to fix before releasing 3.0.1. We're hoping to finish up within a few days.

Adrian
Quote Reply
This bug happened at 3.0.0 => 3.0.1 upgrade, too. Unsure

Quote:
Backing up C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/admin.cgi
Could not rename 'C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/admin.cgi' to 'C:/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/admin.cgi.bak': Permission denied

And this happened for following files:
GT/FileMan/Commands.pm
GT/FileMan.pm
admin.cgi

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
This bug happened at 3.0.2 => 3.0.3 upgrade, too.

Quote:
Backing up C:/Work/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/Links/Table/CatLinks.pm
Could not rename 'C:/Work/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/Links/Table/CatLinks.pm' to 'C:/Work/site/cgi-bin/lsql/admin/Links/Table/CatLinks.pm.bak': Permission denied

And for some other files, too.

Can't imagine what causes this.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support