Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Category: Add Record Failed

Quote Reply
Morning!

With any luck someone will be able to narrow this problem down for me. I'm no prel programmer, and what I could find on the news groups hasn't help me, or I've not been able to interrigate the answer enought to find out how to fix it...

When trying to add a category, I get the following error messages...

--- Start Flood ---

Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO lsql_Category (Description,Newest_Link,Category_Template,Timestmp,Meta_Description,Name,Footer,Header,Has_New_Links,Number_of_Links,Has_Changed_Links,Full_Name,Meta_Keywords,FatherID) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)' Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specification (SQL-22018)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1)

GT::SQL::Driver::ODBC::sth (6360): Executing query: SELECT ID FROM lsql_Category WHERE FatherID = 0 AND Name = 'test' from Links::Category::can_add at d:/virtualservers/055871/thebigtravelguide/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Category.pm line 101 GT::SQL::Driver::ODBC::sth (6360): Executing query: INSERT INTO lsql_Category (Description,Newest_Link,Category_Template,Timestmp,Meta_Description,Name,Footer,Header,Has_New_Links,Number_of_Links,Has_Changed_Links,Full_Name,Meta_Keywords,FatherID) VALUES ('test','','','2003-06-27 10:16:32','','test','','','No',0,'No','test','',0) from Links::Category::_plg_add at d:/virtualservers/055871/thebigtravelguide/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Category.pm line 54 GT::SQL::Table (6360): Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO lsql_Category (Description,Newest_Link,Category_Template,Timestmp,Meta_Description,Name,Footer,Header,Has_New_Links,Number_of_Links,Has_Changed_Links,Full_Name,Meta_Keywords,FatherID) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)' Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specification (SQL-22018)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1) at d:/virtualservers/055871/thebigtravelguide/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Driver/ODBC.pm line 419. GT::SQL::Driver::ODBC::sth (6360): Executing query: SELECT DISTINCT Full_Name, ID FROM lsql_Category from Links::Category::HTML::disp_fatherid_form at d:/virtualservers/055871/thebigtravelguide/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Category.pm line 590

--- End Flood ----

There you have it. Any guru's out there want to take a stab at this one? I would appreciate it! Shocked
Scampi.

-----------------------------------------------------
A Little Madness Now And Then,
Is Relished By The Wisest Men
- Mr Willy Wonka
Quote Reply
Re: [Scampi] Category: Add Record Failed In reply to
What title/description are you trying to add? May be a bad charachter in it or something.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
See the first result here....

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/..._username=&mh=50
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Category: Add Record Failed In reply to
In Reply To:
See the first result here....

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/..._username=&mh=50

Paul:
Im sorry, Its not clear what you are trying to show me. The search results bring up three threads, one I started, one I posted in and one that led to the only posable solution I found, with problems with the GT/SQL/Driver/ODBC.pm file, and I have e-mailed a request for a newer one just as the post surgested, but allas I am still waiting a reply.

Andy:
The values that where sent are... VALUES ('test','','','2003-06-27 10:16:32','','test','','','No',0,'No','test','',0)
Not much that could go wrong there I feel. I havn't made any changes from the base installation, but I can create and modify user records, just not Categorys.
Scampi.

- Mr Willy Wonka
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Category: Add Record Failed In reply to
Morning

In my attempt to rase this topic back from the dead I'm posting another cry for help. Thanks to Andy and Paul for there posts, but the problem still remains. If anyone who can give a Perl and LinksSQL newbie some help through this problem I would be most grateful.

Scampi.

- Mr Willy Wonka
Quote Reply
Did you get the new file - it sounds like that is the problem?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Category: Add Record Failed In reply to
Not yet, I have send off an e-mail asking for it, but that was on Thursday morning, and I dont know what the e-mail turn around speed is like with Gossamer.
Scampi.

- Mr Willy Wonka