Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Search results

Quote Reply
Search results
Here is problem.

I've added one link in database for MENSA organization. In Description field I have keyword iq test. That keyword also exists in my additional column "Keywords". Both columns have search weight setup.

Now, when I put: iq test or "iq test" in search form, no results are displayed. Search options are by default.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] Search results In reply to
Anyone? Unsure

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Seems strange ...
Sorry, can't explain what's happening - I tested and had the same problem at my site.
Strange.
John
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] Search results In reply to
Yes I know. I thought that maybe problem is because 'IQ' has only two letters but thats not a problem because I tested some keyword also with two letter word and it works just fine.

But keyword "IQ TEST" just don't want to display any results.

Hm...Any response from GT?

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Did you "rebuild" the search table, by any chance?

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Search results In reply to
Do you mean "Rebuild Search" in GL option?

Yes, I did that. Still the same.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Do you have "Search Weight" set on Description field?

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Search results In reply to
Yes, I have.

I've mention that in my first post. Both Description field and Keywords have search weight setup.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Well, today I've tested just for word "test".
I've put that word in several sites description, just for testing, and when I search for "test", there are no results displayed.

Like search engine won't accept word "test".
Hm...

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Yaik. This really bugs me off!

As search engine won't display results for word "test", is there maybe some another word(s) that search engine just don't want to search?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
If the internal search mode is being used, there is a minimum word size of 3 chars and a stopwords list. The stopwords list is used as there are some words that will occur repeatedly and are not always going to be useful (such at the word "the") it also helps in situations where certain queries will require lots of processing (due to large set manipulations) and allow the returning of results faster.

To take a look/modify the stopwords list edit the file ../admin/GT/SQL/Search/Base/Common.pm at the top there will be a stopwords list. You can add remove items by editing the list and reindexing the database. Mysql fulltext search will be limited to 3 characters and will stop any keyword that can be found in more then 50% of the fulltext index.

Last edited by:

Aki: May 19, 2005, 12:10 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] Search results In reply to
Ok. I'm using internal search mode but I can search for less that 3 chars. If I put search term "s pomocnim" I'll get several results. So 3 chars isn't problem.

Problem was in word "test" which was on stopwords list. When I was searching for term "iq test" there was no results although "iq" wasn't on stopwords list. Because word "test" word "iq" was also stopped so there were no results.

I suppose that happed because by default I use bool operator "AND" for searching.

I've removed word "test" from stopwords list and now searching for term "iq test" does return proper results.

Thanks.

Regards.

P.S. Should that stopwords list be in manual so users could edit it by their wishes? Or did I miss it?
Maybe to put it in database so users can edit through admin area.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] Search results In reply to
Hi

Is there any chance that this stopwords become available through admin panel and saved in database?

Reason I'm asking this is because now every time I update GL to new version I need to replace or edit Common.pm via FTP.

Regards.

UnReal Network