Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

minus count and added date not functioning anymore

Quote Reply
minus count and added date not functioning anymore
Hi

I have a couple of issues - first is that one of my categories has now got a count of -1

I was using this category to list test entries and upon removing them all so that the category is empty it is now displaying a minus 1 entry! - any ideas on how to reset this - or is it easier to delete the category and re-create it since it is empty. link here to view minus entry:

http://www.promethean.co.uk/...2Findex.html&d=1

Second issue is that for some reason the link added date is not displaying anymore on any link page nor are the dates on the whats new page.

The link system is accessible here

http://www.promethean.co.uk/.../page.cgi?g=&d=1

It is not yet live and accessible from the menu to the website until my team have populated it with some links and resources.

Any ideas why the added date may not be displaying both in the link entry and in the whats new page? I have checked the code and the syntax is correct - I wonder if it is a setting in the admin panel I have altered somehow?

Cliff
Quote Reply
Re: [Fazzer] minus count and added date not functioning anymore In reply to
Regarding the first problem, have you tried a ' Repair Tables' ?

Database > Repair Tables

Regarding the second error, it doesn't seem to be doing what you are saying. It shows up the added date fine. Do you still see the problem?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Fixed the second problem - date added - I had mistakenly altered the date_db_format setting so that it did not match the database server. - this is fixed now.

As for the first problem I tried the fix database_repair tables to no avail.

I think maybe it is easier to delte this category and re create it - than try to spend time fixng the problem - though it would be nice to know how this happened?

Cliff

Last edited by:

Fazzer: Aug 21, 2003, 5:55 AM
Quote Reply
You might want to let Alex know you are still hitting this bug -- unless you are not using 2.12.

He/I(?) thought he squashed that in the 2.11 (or previous) version.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] minus count and added date not functioning anymore In reply to
I am using 2.1.2 so if this is a bug that needs reporting how should I go about it

Cliff
Quote Reply
Try emailing support@gossamer-threads.com.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] minus count and added date not functioning anymore In reply to
To get rid of the minus 1, force a complete recount of all links in all categories (can take a while).

You can do it with telnet/ssh from the command line using:

# ./nph-build.cgi --repair force=1

It should display the top category name as it begins each section count and will progress through all subcats recounting links.

Works for me Smile