Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Search Results Questions

Quote Reply
Search Results Questions
Howdie,

I have searched around alot, and either not found or not understood what I am finding. So, I'll ask about my specific question and hopefully some responses will clarify.

I have changed my search settings in admin:
build_search_gb=No

And when you search using the Search tool, you get correct results. No categories are shown.

But, if I use a search string like this:
search.cgi?query=*&sb=Ad_Expiry_Date&so=ASC&catid=2

It returns the results with the subcategories called out. Why is this? Is there a way around this? What I am trying to do is search by a date within a main category, abnd show all contents within the subcategories in date order (Ad_Expiry_Date field)

Can you help me out with this? What would it take to make this happen?

Thanks!
Evie
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] Search Results Questions In reply to
Not quite sure I understand.

If you select build_search_gb=No then it should stop displaying the search results grouped by category including the category names. I can't see why it would introduce them again if you sort the results.

I have some special offers within my links table which have expiry dates and I use globals to display these and I assume this is similar to what you want. However, my globals are quite complicated and very site specific so before going down that route someone may have an easier suggestion using the search. I couldn't use a search because I'm using internal indexing - can't use query=* - so this isn't a route I even considered.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Search Results Questions In reply to
afinlr,

You were correct! What was happening is that I was using the Search Cache plugin, and today all seems well. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question!

Best,
Evie