Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Setting Up Bookmarks

Quote Reply
Setting Up Bookmarks
I'm trying to get bookmarks set up and I'm having a problem. Do visitors have to login to set bookmarks? I can't find an option in setup to turn that on or off. I'm trying to emulate a site I found that's using LinksSQL where you don't have to login to store bookmarks. I guess it uses cookies.
Quote Reply
Re: [Spacemanspiff] Setting Up Bookmarks In reply to
Hi,

Yeah, I'm afraid they do have to be logged in.

An alternative, is MyFaves, which can be setup to just run on cookies (and doesn't require them to be logged in). Its nowhere near as fancy as GT's built in one (i.e no folders, comments, etc) ... but it should do what you want. The URL is: http://www.ultranerds.com/...Plugins/MyFaves_L15/

Hope that helps

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Setting Up Bookmarks In reply to
I don't mind requiring the surfer to register but I'm having a problem getting the signup form working. I keep getting a "you must fill out all the fields" error message. I was hoping to get around that by not requiring registration.

Any thoughts on where I can look to fix the registration problem?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Sounds like you've got fields added (or possibly existing fields) to your user table that are set to "not null". Check to see if this is the case.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Send over login details and I'll have a quick look for you :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Setting Up Bookmarks In reply to
Andy, I sent you the login info.

Brewt, I do have fields set to not null. I didn't change them, they were already set that way. I tried changing them but could only change one, password. When I tried changing username and email I got a message saying

A column must be defined as not null if you want to index it.