Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Search Boonleon Logic AND in Links SQL 2.03

Quote Reply
Search Boonleon Logic AND in Links SQL 2.03
I have Links SQL 2.03. Most of the time the default boonleon logic AND connector works. Sometimes it does not return both terms that I searched for. For instance, I searched "computer library" with AND to connect them, then I got 8 links with one library and 7 computers in them. What is the reason for this? Would it help me if I upgrade to a later version of Links SQL such as 2.05?
Quote Reply
Re: [banana] Search Boonleon Logic AND in Links SQL 2.03 In reply to
Hi,

It may not be obvious where the second occurrence is, quite often it's in the URL field which isn't visible.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Search Boonleon Logic AND in Links SQL 2.03 In reply to
Alex:

You are right about it. My URL seems to contain the other missing term. So I went to Admin panel and entered URL in search_blocked box. After I submitted my change, I did a search. It came back with the same results. I checked the tables. A table called links has URL as a field. What did I do wrong? Help!
Quote Reply
Re: [banana] Search Boonleon Logic AND in Links SQL 2.03 In reply to
Hi,

The search_blocked is to stop people from doing search.cgi?URL=x. i.e. searching on a specific field. To remove URL from the search index you need to:

1. Goto Database->Links->Properties and edit the URL column and change search weight to 0.
2. Click on Database->Rebuild Index.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Search Boonleon Logic AND in Links SQL 2.03 In reply to
Alex:

I went to database - links - property and URL - search weight. I found value 1 in that box. So I changed it to 0. I clicked on upgrade. From that point on search weight box is empty. Zero does not stay. I take it as zero. Then I rebuilt the search.I did it several times. Still it searches URLs. Do you have more suggestions?

Is it easy to upgrade to Links 2.1?