Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Problems with moving a category

Quote Reply
Problems with moving a category
I tried moving categories with the category browser.
At first the move is effected correctly in the category tree and then...when I reload the category browser goes back to the old position.
Checking the category in the database menu and searching for subcategories of the top category where the category in question should have moved it appears to be in the list but the field "subcategory of" indicates the old state. The static and dynamic pages reflect the move correctly.
I am confused: has anybody tested this?

Quote Reply
Re: Problems with moving a category-...more.. In reply to
More clarification on the previous message:
I have moved a first-level category under another first-level category. Now when I go again to the category browser I receive an alert for this category and subcategories: " cannot add node 'category name' because node with id ... does not exist"
Also looking at the database the lower level categories that have moved seem to appear correctly while their top level seems to remain in its old position.

Quote Reply
Re: Problems with moving a category In reply to
Hi,

Is this on the demo, or your own installation?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
It is in my installation.
I have less than 200 categories (around 150) ans partly it seems like the changed information does not get updated in the category tree. In more details, it gets updated when you make the category move or renaming a category but when i reload the admin it goes to the old information.
The problem gts more real when i check through the database menu: the first category (that has been moved) shows at subcategory the old information, while its subcategories are shown moved correctly. This is the same wether the category moved is a first level or a second level.
As concerns the display, everything is displayed correctly when i use dynamic pages, but the problem appearing from the database menu reflects to the static-built pages.
My installation is made on a brand new database, so it cannot conflict with the old tables.

Quote Reply
Alex, after your post I tried to move a category in the demo.
It seems the problem is there too, but the "memory caching" problem is different from my installation.

Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks, this has been found and fixed. It will appear in the next beta.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.