Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Pagebuilder and Cron - Individual Page Build

Quote Reply
Pagebuilder and Cron - Individual Page Build
Hi there,

I currently use the Pagebuilder plugin and cron to build static pages using the following in a script;
/home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/nph-pagebuilder.cgi > /home/mysite/logs/pagebuilder.log

I'm now building lots of pages regularly and actually only a few of them really need updating.

Is there anyway of getting cron to make pagebuilder build only some of the static pages?

Any help would be appreciated,

Piers
Quote Reply
Re: [Piers1] Pagebuilder and Cron - Individual Page Build In reply to
I need the same thing ...
Quote Reply
Re: [katakombe] Pagebuilder and Cron - Individual Page Build In reply to
Yikes - that was a while ago. I worked out a way of avoiding the need to do this, so never got an answer. Andy may be able to help - I know he has written a new plugin similar to pagebuilder.

Cheers,

Piers
Quote Reply
Re: [Piers1] Pagebuilder and Cron - Individual Page Build In reply to
Hi,

I think the only real way of doing it - would be to have a "flag" passed in. Then, for each page - have a field (i.e RebuildEveryTime) - and then if thats set to no, it will only build when updated with a special flag.

I'll have a look at adding this into my plugin - but not sure how easy it'll be , as it'll require a new section for building those pages =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Pagebuilder and Cron - Individual Page Build In reply to
Hi,

I've added in a new feature into the plugin "Build Pages (custom list)".

This basically gives you a list of the pages you can build statically - and you just select the ones you want to.

You can also do it via cron/ssh - by specifying the page ID's you want to build. Example:

Quote:
perl /full/path/to/admin/admin.cgi 'IDList=1,3,6,8,9&do=plugin&func=BuildSpecialDo&plugin=PageCreator&Build=Build'

..its as simple as that :)

I've tested this new feature pretty thoroughly, but if anyone has any isssues - please let me know. The new version (1.2) is available from our Members Area now btw.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!