Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

PageBuilder Plugin

Quote Reply
PageBuilder Plugin
I'm interested in purchasing this Plugin, but will there be any problems if installed on GLinks 3.0.2
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I have it installed and working.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Alba,

Thanks for the info.
Quote Reply
Well it installed fine, but can not seem to get my pages to display in both Static & Dynamic.

Could someone explain the correct steps?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Since I can't seem to get any support from the Author or this forum I assume no
support comes with the PageBuilder Plugin.
Quote Reply
Read here:
http://gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=209811

If questions will stay, I shall help.

BR,
Bigpat

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Web directory and search engine | Dirlist.net Directory - Add your link today.
Quote Reply
Re: [Bigpat] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Thanks for helping!

I read the posts regarding my problem but it does not work for me, it changes the url when I go to a different page.

What should I use to show say page info.html in both static & dynamic?

What should I use to show say page info.html just in static?

What should I use to show say page info.html just in dynamic?

info.html is in my root directory
Quote Reply
<a href="<%if d%>page.cgi?page=info.html<%else%>info.html<%endif%>">Info</a>

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quote Reply
Thanks,

that is the exact way I did it, it does not work, the link will change when I go to a different page, it only works correctly on the first page.

I'm sure this has to be happening to others!

At this point this plugin is useless to me!
Quote Reply
do you have to carry the d=1 forward?

<a href="<%if d%>page.cgi?page=info.html&d=1<%else%>info.html<%endif%>">Info</a>
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
thanks for trying to help me,

yes I tryed it with &d=1 and without it, same thing does not work.

This plugin does not work in version 3.02

Example: if i put a link in the search bar and go to category internet it changes

info.html to internet/info.html on what ever category I happen to be in.

The bad thing NO SUPPORT FROM AUTHOR
Quote Reply
Quote:
This plugin does not work in version 3.02

I'm using this plugin successfully in 3.02 for building several pages- both dynamic and static although they are all simple pages, I've not had any need to try and build category pages.

Have you tried to send a private message to Yogi?
Quote Reply
Hi Rascal,

I do also have the PageBuilder plugin installed by Yogi. You are right as there is absolutely no support from the author available.
The only support was installing the script on my server, so i am not very happy with it.
I will delete this plugin from my server as I do not know how to work with it (probably I am too dumb for this).

Gossamer-Threads is giving absolutely great support on their products and THAT IS why I love Gossamer-Threads and their products.
I think Gossamer-Threads should incorporate good plugins into their product (or just rewrite these plugins as their own - so we will also be sure that these plugins are updated to the latest G-Links versions) as they really know how to get all these plugins to work and they also know what customer-support means.

Regards,

Erich
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
For anyone who is interested in purchasing this plugin, you will have to do alot of modifications to get it to work half right. It is not truly compatible with GLinks.

Don't let anyone tell you different!!!!!

Can make static and dynamic pages easily my a..

There is no support from the Author.

I bought the plugin because of the support that is suppose to come with it.

(He Broke The Licence Agreement)

Quote Reply
Almost all pages on this domain http://www.dirlist.net are made with PageBuilder Plugin.
Really, PageBuilder Plugin for normal job under GL3.02 demands little change.
But it is not so difficult.
If someone needs my help, can address privately. I shall help.

BR,
Bigpat

Quote Reply
How to link to info.html both in static and dynamic modes using a duplicate template format from the local luna template folder without hard coding the info.html template and without URL destinations changing on any page??????

Read every single post, and fully understand each one.

Bigpat,

please explain in detail how this is accomplished.
Quote Reply
Hi Alba:

As info.html is in your root directory try this:-

Code:
<a href="<%if d%>page.cgi?page=info.html&d=1<%else%>/info.html<%endif%>">Info</a> or

Note the / slash before info.html

This may solve your problem. Relative paths in Links are problematic. You should either use the full tags eg. <%build_static_url%>/path/to/file or that indicated above.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Clint

--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
That fixed the problem, Thank You Very Much.

Maybe you can help me with the following:

I would like to use a duplicate template format from the local luna template folder, I'm hard coding the info.html template because none of the includes work.

Thanks Again,
Rascal
Quote Reply
Rascal:

I'm sorry, but I don't really follow your question. If you can explain in more detail I'll do what I can to assist.

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Clint,

This code does not work in a pagebuilder template, it has to be hard coded to work.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/...ml1-transitional.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title><%site_title%>: What's Cool</title>
<%include include_common_head.html%>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<%config.build_static_url%>/utils.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
registerEvent(window, 'onload', function () { hideObjects('paging_button', 'paging_button2') });
//!]]>
</script>
</head>
<body id="cool">
<%include include_accessibility.html%>
<div id="wrapper">
<%include include_header.html%>
<%include include_contentheader.html%>
<div id="ocwrapper">
<div id="icwrapper" class="clear">
<%include include_leftsidebar.html%>
<div id="contentwrapper" class="shadowleft">
<div class="shadowtop"><div class="shadowtopleft"></div><div class="shadowtopright"></div></div>
<div class="shadowright">
<div id="content">
<div class="crumb"><%Links::Utils::format_title($main_title_loop, separator => $crumb_separator, no_escape_separator => $no_escape_crumb_separator, include_home => 1, link_type => 2)%></div>
<h2>Popular Links (top <%percent%>)</h2>
<%if paging.num_hits%><div class="paging"><%Links::Utils::paging()%></div><%endif%>
<%loop link_results_loop~%>
<p class="category"><%Links::Utils::format_title($title_loop, separator => $category_separator, no_escape_separator => $no_escape_category_separator, include_home => 0, link_type => 1)%></p>
<%include link.html%>
<%~endloop%>
<%if paging.num_hits%><div class="paging"><%Links::Utils::paging(button_id => 'paging_button2')%></div><%endif%>
<br>
<center><%cat_drop%></center>
</div>
</div>
<div class="shadowbottom"><div class="shadowbottomleft"></div><div class="shadowbottomright"></div></div>
</div>
<%include include_rightsidebar.html%>
</div>
</div>
<%include include_contentfooter.html%>
<%include include_footer.html%>
</div>
</body>
</html>
Quote Reply
Just bringing this post to the top.
Quote Reply
I just read this thread, and would like to add my comments:

- linking to a PageBuilder page both in dynamic and static mode is a bit awkward and has to be done as Bigpat indicated above, i.e. using absolute paths (but without the server name).

- the plugin description on GT's server says "Support Options: Installation support included," which clearly means that if you have trouble installing it, I will support you until it works, but if you have problems using the plugin, no official support is included (although I still might help you if I have time and if you ask nicely Wink).

I hope this clears things up.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Mr.Yogi,

The only reason anybody has to ask for your support is because you did not provide the proper Instructions or Manual with your Plugin.

People are deleting your plugin because you did not tell them how to use it and you act like its everybodys fault but your own.

NOBODY IS GOING TO BEG YOU for something you should be doing.

Do the right thing and write a manual for your plugin and then and only then can you say you will provide support for installation only!