Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Oracle and ODBC drivers written..

Quote Reply
Oracle and ODBC drivers written..
Hi!

Well I've done the first pass at the Oracle and ODBC drivers and at first glance they seem to be working smoothly. Now that that hurdle is done, I'm going to just do a bit more polishing up tommorrow, release a snapshot and then work on putting a live beta for people to try.

I'm still a little concerned about the beta, as the code allows you to do so many different things I need to be careful about opening it up to the public without securing it up a little bit first. =)

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Oracle and ODBC drivers written.. In reply to
Sounds great Alex! Can't wait to grow up to links-sql! Will it ever be able to hold 1,000,000 links down the road within the indedx?

Quote Reply
Oi Alex.. This is one of the best notice that already I had this week, how much to liberate a version beta, reason Mr. does not liberate only for the registered users? thus it will be able to have a bigger control on who is making something... The Oralce that used was for linux? I find that in linux he does not need to use one drive ODBC. Or he has that to use?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LinksSQL User
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
Hi!

Definately, our demo server in the office has the full dmoz running on mysql (300,000 category with 2.2 million links) and it is very fast. I plan to make this available as a demo (it will be on a dsl line unfortuantely as it's not in our server farm, but should be ok for demo purposes).

We are working on the import to import into Oracle and will post the comparisions.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean about the registered users?

As for Oracle, we used Oracle 8.1.6 for linux with DBD::Oracle driver for all our testings.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Oracle and ODBC drivers written.. In reply to
OK..
I wanted to say that you he could ask for that the users if registered before using its demon.

How much to the Oracle, when I go to have an available version? Cool

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LinksSQL User
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I wanted to say that you he could ask for that the users if registered before using its demon.
Sorry, I still don't understand?

But the Oracle version is up now, please feel free to give it a try!

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Oracle and ODBC drivers written.. IMPORT In reply to
Hi Alex!
It is possible to import of links SQL 1.x for Alpha11 with Oracle or MSSQL 7?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LinksSQL User
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
Re: Oracle and ODBC drivers written.. IMPORT In reply to
Yes, alpha11 works on our Oracle 8.1.6 on Linux using DBD::Oracle.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.