Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Odd mod_perl error

Quote Reply
Odd mod_perl error
Hey guys... It's been awhile... and I'm finally looking at updating my links order management mod to using the 3.x links core. Unfortunately I'm getting a really odd error after setting up the base install. Has anyone ever seen anything like this error message? Any ideas?

Code:
Invalid symbol: :objects imported by ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::home_user_public_html_dev_cgi_2dbin_admin_admin_2ecgi at /home/user/public_html/cgi-local/admin/Links.pm line 52.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/user/public_html/dev/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi line 17.\n
Thanks for any thoughts or ideas you might have....

AlexJ
Quote Reply
Re: [AlexJ] Odd mod_perl error In reply to
Hello Alex,

Can you enable debugging and paste the contents of apache error_log from this request?

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Odd mod_perl error In reply to
Hi Boris,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. This install is running on is a Cpanel server. In the domlogs, it doesn't even show this error. With the debugging enabled in the main apache logs it shows this one line:

Code:
[Tue Aug 14 10:12:17 2012] [error] Invalid symbol: :objects imported by ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::home_user_public_html_dev_cgi_2dbin_admin_admin_2ecgi at /home/user/public_html/cgi-local/admin/Links.pm line 52.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/user/public_html/dev/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi line 17.\n

I'm not sure if this helps at all, its really the same info I posted earlier without debugging enabled..... so in my situation, it doesn't seem to add anything to the error logs with the debugging enabled... not sure what that means...

AlexJ
Quote Reply
Hm,

Do you have startup.pl added to apache configuration as per instructions in README.mod_perl from GLinks install package?

Also, how apache is configured for mod perl? Can you paste your https configuration?

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Odd mod_perl error In reply to
Ok....

On a whim... I removed mod_perl from the easyapache config and then rebuilt apache. I then added mod_perl back to the easyapache config and rebuilt apache again. Now everything works perfect...

I guess it was as simple as a bad apache build...

Thanks for much for looking....!

AlexJ
Quote Reply
Cool :)
Glad that it worked at the end Smile

Cheers,
Boris