Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

2 bugs in LSQL working with PostgreSQL

Quote Reply
2 bugs in LSQL working with PostgreSQL
Hello,

I found 2 bugs in LSQL working with PostgreSQL database:

1.- 'Full name' column doesnīt update: When I make changes in the name of one category or move the category from 'Browse' window en LSQL admin panel all seems to be done, but if I rebuild the directory or look into database I show the old values. For example:

I have this category tree:

- RootCat1

- RootCat1/Subcat1

- RootCat1/Subcat2

If I change the name or 'RootCat1' to 'RootCatX' and look into database I show this:

- RootCatX

- RootCat1/Subcat1

- RootCat1/Subcat2

Same if I try to move 'RootCat1' into another Category...

And this is a *big* problem... :-(

2.- Delete columns doesnīt work: When I try to delete column from LSQL admin panel:

Failed to execute query: '; BEGIN; LOCK TABLE Links; CREATE TABLE GTTemp05752653 ( ID int NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY ,Title varchar(100) NOT NULL ,URL varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '
http://',LinkOwner varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'admin',Add_Date date NOT NULL ,Mod_Date date NOT NULL ,Description text ,Contact_Name varchar(255) ,Contact_Email varchar(255) ,Hits int NOT NULL ,isNew varchar NOT NULL DEFAULT 'No',isChanged varchar NOT NULL DEFAULT 'No',isPopular varchar NOT NULL DEFAULT 'No',isValidated varchar NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Yes',Rating float NOT NULL ,Votes smallint NOT NULL ,Status smallint NOT NULL ,Date_Checked datetime ,Timestmp timestamp ,Recommended int(11) ); INSERT INTO GTTemp05752653 ( ID,Title,URL,LinkOwner,Add_Date,Mod_Date,Description,Contact_Name,Contact_Email,Hits,isNew,isChanged,isPopular,isValidated,Rating,Votes,Status,Date_Checked,Timestmp,Recommended ) SELECT ID,Title,URL,LinkOwner,Add_Date,Mod_Date,Description,Contact_Name,Contact_Email,Hits,isNew,isChanged,isPopular,isValidated,Rating,Votes,Status,Date_Checked,Timestmp,Recommended FROM Links; DROP TABLE Links; ALTER TABLE GTTemp05752653 RENAME TO Links; COMMIT; ' Reason: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "("

Any help? :-(

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: [avant] 2 bugs in LSQL working with PostgreSQL In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the feeback!

Please download the attached files which should replace /path_to/admin/Links/Category.pm and /path_to/admin/GT/SQL/Driver/PG.pm.

Let me know if it doesn't help.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] 2 bugs in LSQL working with PostgreSQL In reply to
Hello TheStone!

Now its working fine. Thanks! :)
Quote Reply
New bug in LSQL working with PostgreSQL In reply to
Hello TheStone / All

I found a new problem when I try to make a Category update in LSQL working with PostgreSQL. The problem is similar to the first one that I had reporting in this thread:

I have a tree category like:

Category1
Category1/Subcategory1
Category1/Subcategory2
Category1/Subcategory3
Category1/Subcategory4

Now if I move, copy or add new categories it works fine. The admin updates the database ans especialy the column "full_name". This were fixed ok!

But now, lets go to rename "Category1": Change the name to Category2 and show into database, the "full_name" column reads as follows (same example):

Category2
Category2/Subcategory1
Category2/Subcategory1
Category2/Subcategory1
Category2/Subcategory1

Please, note that Category2 field is updated successfull but the subcategory name didnīt! And in more complex example:

Category1
Category1/Subcategory1
Category1/Subcategory2/SubSubCategory3
Category1/Subcategory4/SubSubCategory5
Category1/Subcategory6

The result is:

Category2
Category2/Subcategory1
Category2/Subcategory1
Category2/Subcategory1
Category2/Subcategory1

I think that this is a big problem... Any help?

Thanks! :(