Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Need help with plugin (starting with SSI) - Auth_vBulletin

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [V.E.C.T.O.R.] Need help with plugin (starting with SSI) - Auth_vBulletin In reply to
V.E.C.T.O.R. wrote:
I'll post more (including something else regarding the login procedure that I just noticed) after I finish up on fully documenting what I did. THANKS SO MUCH, YOU'RE A GENIUS!!! :D

Well, that something else regarding the login procedure that I noticed is this:

In vBulletin, the user session times out in 15 minutes by default. After 15 minutes though, if I refresh the browser I am still logged in. I suspect this happens when I check the "Remember Me?" option. So I went ahead and changed the 15 minutes to 60 seconds, and unchecked the "Remember Me?" option, and sure enough, I'm logged out after 60 seconds. This means the key to my problem below lies in the variable for that "Remember Me?" option.

So the problem I'm having is, in Links' static pages (http://www.mysite.com/links/index.php), I'm logged in as long as I'm logged in within vBulletin (at this point I've checked the "Remember Me?" option again of course). However, when I go to any dynamic page (http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/links/add.cgi), I get logged out precisely after the 15 minute (or 60 seconds) period. So at that point, I can log in again, OR just go to the vBulletin directory (http://www.mysite.com/vbulletin/index.php) and then go back to the dynamic page and now it shows that I'm logged in again, probably for another 15 minutes (or 60 seconds).

So how do I do it so that I'm logged in Links' dynamic pages as long as I'm logged in within vBulletin, just like in Links' static pages? I know I gotta do something with the "Remember Me?" variable, but don't know where to start...

P.S. I've looked within this website and found some people talking about a Sessions table, but mine doesn't have one?!? Is it because I'm using an old version (Links SQL 2.1.0)?

Last edited by:

V.E.C.T.O.R.: May 26, 2009, 11:29 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [V.E.C.T.O.R.] Need help with plugin (starting with SSI) - Auth_vBulletin In reply to
Looks like the vB logout hash changed with a recent update when they introduced security tokens - for what it's worth, the old logout hash still works perfectly on our site (we are running vB 3.8.1 so there must be some backward compatibility). But thanks for the heads up Wink.

Sounds like your plugin file is being cached by the server. Are you running under mod_perl by any chance? If you are you can get funky caching going on sometimes. Try editing the plugin direct on the server using your FTP application.

Did you add the vbID field using the admin backend, if not you'll need to use the 'Resync Database' option in the Properties screen for the User table.

We are using Links 3 so I'm not sure how any of this will work on 2.1. We run our site 100% dynamic so I can't help with any of the static vs dynamic problems I'm afraid Frown.
> >