Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

NEW VERSION of LINKSQL

Quote Reply
NEW VERSION of LINKSQL
Hi,
when are we going to see new version 4.X
Also, when are the coders going to make linkSQL custom driven...I mean...example

instead of links listing, make a real-estate listing with different fields or movie listing site with photos etc.
I know some advance coders able to do it but I would like to see more GUI driven setup where it ask you how many fields you want to create, what type, which one searchable etc. Without this the linksql end up old link directory only for average Joe like me. Since their is already DBMan SQL which has lot of the features, so it should not be that hard to embedded this in linkSQL for next version.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [jasy007] NEW VERSION of LINKSQL In reply to
Hi,

Adding new fields to GLinks is simple =) There are a ton of posts by myself, explaining how to do this (from normal fields, to "Image" fields) Wink

The problem with making a system where these fields are created from a basic install are:

1) You still need to know what kind of fields to add (CHAR/TEXT/VARCHAR, etc), as well as the field type (SELECT/TEXT/TEXTAREA etc)
2) You still have to add the codes into include_form.html and the other templates, so the new fields will show up =)

In short, the way it currently works is problaby the best anyway ;)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!