Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

More a form for search, in 4 fields, not only in one field.

Quote Reply
More a form for search, in 4 fields, not only in one field.
I need a second form for search which can be searched with the query form.
I need as search field where the people can look for plus an associated item the search, for example to make a search for word in one determined city, equal to the site StartLocal.com.au. What I want and to be able to make the GTLinks to make 2 searches of one alone time.

What I want to make is the following one. The normal search makes
search in fields TITLE, DESCRIPTION, URL what I want I am one second
search in other fields as STATE, CITY, ZIP CODE, ADDRESS, not only in one
field (Like the Startlocal.com) would need a global one that it made a
search in these fields specifically?

thanks for all help.
Quote Reply
Re: [Janio] More a form for search, in 4 fields, not only in one field. In reply to
You can do it like this:

search.cgi?query=foo&City=Something&State=Something Else

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] More a form for search, in 4 fields, not only in one field. In reply to
But then I would have that to redirect the entrance of the form to look in all the four fields, one would be more easy to make a global one where string that receives the value from the form and makes the comparison in all the four fields and returns for the comparison with the value of the other form, but I really do not know as to make this, can help me?
Because I have two forms in the search, the first one is already the existing in links, as it is what I want to use to only make a comparison as first, returning resulted where has a comparison of two forms, but the form as fulfilling are not obligator, but using it the search is more refined returning resulted safer a time, that my intention is to find business-oriented similar to a yellow page.

It forgives for the errors but my English is bad.

Janio
Quote Reply
Re: [Janio] More a form for search, in 4 fields, not only in one field. In reply to
in annex it has an illustration of what I want to make but I am not obtaining. Frown

Quote Reply
Mmm, not really sure how thats possible, without editing the core codes in /User/Search.pm

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!