Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Manual payment

Quote Reply
Manual payment
Hi

I have been trying to figure this out for ages now and I am now going round in circles so any help would be appreciated.

I have activated the manual payment option in Admin to be used for cheque payments but it does not appear on the payments page. The strange thing is it was set up previously but I obviously did something or need to do something to get it to reappear. It does appear in List Payment Methods in Admin

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
Brinley
http://www.i-do-directory.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Brinley] Manual payment In reply to
Hi,

I've been doing some testing, and I can see why you are going round in circles.

For some reason, only seems to wanna work with paypal payments (I enabled 2Checkout too, in case it was just an issue with manual payments) - and sure enough, that didn't show up on the form either.

I also tested it all with the standard "luna" template set, and again - it didn't give those payment options.

Are there any known issues with this GT?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Manual payment In reply to
Ok, done some tests - and got some "interesting" results.

On my fresh install, when you get to the step where it shows the Payment Options, it uses payment_form.html - however, on this other install - it just loads payment_method.html.

I'm checking this by looking in the /compiled folder, and seeing which templates were used.

GT, any suggestions?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Manual payments don't support recurring payments, and you only have a recurring payment set up. So that's why the manual payment option doesn't show up.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Manual payment In reply to
Hi Adrian

Thanks a bunch - albeit that the solution is that simple to be incredibly embarassing.

Cheers
Brinley
Quote Reply
At least it wasn't only you who didn't spot that Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Manual payment In reply to
Aye!

Hey ho! at least its all sorted now - and we learnt something!Blush
Quote Reply
Yeah, it took me a good 5 minutes of digging through templates to realize it as well Smile

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Nov 7, 2008, 10:09 AM