Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

MAILSYSTEM NOT WORKIN ON LINKS SQL 2.1.1

Quote Reply
MAILSYSTEM NOT WORKIN ON LINKS SQL 2.1.1
Hello,

All my mail functions (send validation email, send password, etc) does not sending any emails & sometimes I get the following Error:

Unable to send email. Reason: Addressee unknown at /opt/guide/www.ridesworld.com/cgi-bin/ridesworld/admin/Links/User/Login.pm line 192.

Who can solve this errors.
Quote Reply
Re: [ridesworld] MAILSYSTEM NOT WORKIN ON LINKS SQL 2.1.1 In reply to
Hi,

This means Sendmail exited with an error 'Addressee unknown'. This could be because your admin email address is not a valid email address.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] MAILSYSTEM NOT WORKIN ON LINKS SQL 2.1.1 In reply to
This sounds like the same problem I'm having. I just upgraded to 2.1.1 and while most email functions work, I can't load templates or send email using the Email admin area. I can type a new message, and then send it, but I can't seem to load all my old templates...

I keep getting this message:

"Invalid from e-mail address entered. You must correct it before sending the e-mails "

I haven't changed my email since the old version in the Links setup. Where else can I set my 'from e-mail address'?

Bryan
Quote Reply
Re: [BryanL] MAILSYSTEM NOT WORKIN ON LINKS SQL 2.1.1 In reply to
In Reply To:
I just upgraded to 2.1.1 and while most email functions work, I can't load templates or send email using the Email admin area. I can type a new message, and then send it, but I can't seem to load all my old templates...

I keep getting this message:

"Invalid from e-mail address entered. You must correct it before sending the e-mails "

Me too!

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Payooo] MAILSYSTEM NOT WORKIN ON LINKS SQL 2.1.1 In reply to
I'm having this problem too. Using 2.1.2. Is there a fix for this? Sendmail is ok, and the admin email address also looks fine Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] MAILSYSTEM NOT WORKIN ON LINKS SQL 2.1.1 In reply to
I had a weird problem with sendmail, too. I do not remember if it was the same error or not- but I do know it was not sending the mailer, but the passwords and stuff WERE sending.

The solution I found was to leave the path to sendmail set to:

"usr/bin/sendmail"

(or whatever your path is) for normal operations. When you send an e-mailer, switch it to:

"usr/bin/sendmail -t"

and the mailer works (but note: NOT normal mail!)

Don't know what it all means, or why it works (or does not!) but this seems to work for me!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase