Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links don't work in IE

Quote Reply
Links don't work in IE
Hi, I'm praying this is a simple fix. All my links work in Firefox but not in IE. In IE I notice that the URL ends in jump.cgi?ID=490 or at least this is what shows in the location bar after I get a "This page cannot be displayed". I saw nothing in the forum so I'm hoping this is just a coding error that I made somewhere. I tried a number of times to fix it but no luck. Can anyone help with this? Thanks, S
Quote Reply
Re: [shell] Links don't work in IE In reply to
Hi,

Can you show an example URL? (i.e a category page, where it has links to jump.cgi)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links don't work in IE In reply to
Hi Andy, thanks, I would have put in urls's but I wasn't sure of the protocol. Here's the site and this page has several links that load in Firefox, including the "Earthquake Information" link. These links haven't been checked for a couple of years so I absolutely have to do a verify (which is not working for me) but you may notice that quite a few links are dead, this is why. Thanks, Shell

http://its.stgeorges.bc.ca/cgi-script/glinks/pages/Geography/Cartography/index.html
Quote Reply
Wow.. even the live links are not working for me on IE.. this is very odd...

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Links don't work in IE In reply to
hi, I know, why can't I have a common issue? Could it be in the css? Thanks, S
Quote Reply
Hi shell,

Have you tried with the "framed_jump" option to see if this changes anything. It's in Set-up > User Options with a yes or no option.

May not have any effect but I would guess that there is some redirect issue that IE doesn't like since I tried your example in Opera and FireFox, neither have a problem with the links.

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
It's a bug with GT::CGI with IIS 6. I've posted an update which should correct this problem.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Links don't work in IE In reply to
I am so happySly, thank you so much...I have to remember those back end programs in the future, all the updates and things not jiving. I appreciate the fast help and this only fuels my dislike of IE which I have never ever used (Netscape 4.7 was the best) except to do pages checks when creating web pages. Now I feel more hopeful about the verify issue, which will still prevent me from linking GT and that's all I want to do! Thanks, S